Are you an innovative technical manager with state-of-the-art competence in Firmware technologies, building robust signal processing algorithms, solid experience in developing consumer electronic or medical devices? Are you willing to lead technical development in partnership with internal and external experts and to take accountability of system architecture?
We are looking to recruit a creative professional who strives for results and can bring the Firmware Development to the next level of innovation, collaboration and excellence.
Senior Firmware Development Engineer
With the following requirements:
• University degree in Signal processing, Firmware, Electronics Engineering
• Substantial product related design experience typically in consumer/mobile electronics, automotive electronics, medical device manufacturer, scientific instrument manufacturer and/or automation
• Substantial product related design experience typically in consumer electronic / medical device
• Capability to act as system architect (physic/scientific knowhow for thermodynamic and/or electromagnetic and/or high frequency electronic)
• Experience with software development processes and methodologies.
• Ability to lead and motivate seasoned professionals, to act as a role model
• Good knowledge of analog and digital circuits and interfacing them to microcontrollers
• Fluent in English both written and spoken
As a Senior Firmware Engineer you will have the following responsibilities:
• Architecture and develop some robust signal processing algorithms.
• Design Firmware solutions compatible with consumer electronics, bridging with the needs of medical device quality requirements
• Ensure effective collaboration between Firmware and other device related functions such as electronics & product qualification leading to robust consumer driven solutions
• Deliver design and systems mature for product industrialization, taking end-to-end responsibility of performances until product release.
Why work for us?
1) We are international: you work with clients and learn on-the-job from team members from all over the world;
2) We are flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible work Arrangement Program;
3) We are a certified top employer: we consider our employees to be our strongest asset, and we are developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
And rest assured, as the first multinational company in Switzerland to obtain the Equal-Salary label, for men and women, our competitive salary and compensation package is for all our employees!
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you wish to contribute to the future of our business and to the new scientific journey of the industry, please apply online.
As with many countries, Switzerland has immigration restrictions which will impact the possibility for non-nationals to work in the country. Profiles required for this position may not being specific enough to justify the recruitment of a person outside of Switzerland or countries having agreed upon free movement with Switzerland, please note that in this case a valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25 EFTA citizenship is required to apply for this position.