Organization Unit: Finance
Reporting Manager: Head of Business Analytics and Projects
Purpose of the Position:
Manage the process of defining, gathering, analyzing and distributing accurate, relevant, timely and actionable information about the consumer, brands, trade channels, competitors and business environment in order to ensure sound business and commercial decisions are made to achieve the company’s objectives.
Drive common understanding of current commercial performance, analyze and communicate key drivers of business and provide recommendations that enable better decision-making for the business.
? Identify business needs and strategy
- Collaborate with various functions to define and anticipate business needs to enable regular trend tracking and measurement of commercial initiatives against strategic priorities and enablers.
- Lead predictive analytics with Enterprise Data Scientist team & Market Research and Consumer Insight team.
? Analyze, communicate & recommend
- Perform detailed data analysis, data validation and identify data quality issues
- Analyze and communicate actual performance
- Gather insights, analyze & share findings, incorporate/advise to adjust strategy accordingly
- Provide actionable, strategically focused, evidence based insights and recommendations to functions
- Define and provide accurate, relevant & timely reporting and tracking of core KPIs and performance results
- Manage the availability of information at a user friendly, standardized and actionable format for all stakeholders
- Develop dashboards with full KPI tracking of commercial objectives and lead the development of new methodologies to support measurement of commercial initiatives and increase efficient use of resources
? Data analytics development leadership
- Review the latest technological/data analytics development and identify those that should be researched further
- Identify external partners capable to develop prospective data analytics solutions
- Lead data analytics development projects in-line with timelines and quality levels required for REDUCED RISK PRODUCT development
- Liaise with IS or vendors to ensure proper development of systems/tools to support analytical capabilities and maximize efficient use of resources.
? People management and development
- Impact and influence team with strategic direction, leadership and role-modeling of Philip Morris International values
- Coach your team; work with them on their development and support them so that they can perform at their best
- Set high expectations against objectives to drive individual performance
- Actively work with members of your team on their career development
- Ensure learnings are shared across teams to enhance experience and consumer, brand and business intelligence depth
- Carry out all of the activities ensuring that PMI Compliance Policies, standards, and laws relating to these activities are fully respected, integrated and understood by stakeholders, and implement adequate processes to ensure the protection of information of a confidential nature.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in economics, informatics or mathematics
- Excellent business knowledge
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in data analytics, reporting and business intelligence.
- People management experience.
- Strategic thinking, proven ability to impact and influence at a senior stakeholder level virtually across markets with solid networking, influencing & communication skills.
- Business English proficiency is mandatory.
- Business Japanese proficiency is preferable