Market Research Manager - Business Intelligence Eastern Europe Region
As the world’s most successful cigarette company, Philip Morris International has taken the dramatic decision to eventually replace cigarettes with breakthrough smoke free products. Over the past three years, Philip Morris International (PMI) has made a dramatic pivot away from the marketing and sales of combustible cigarettes, and moved towards its Reduced-Risk Product (RRP) portfolio, focusing on its flagship product, IQOS. This product is PMI’s step forward to creating a “smoke-free future” for legal age consumers who continue to enjoy tobacco, but are seeking smoke-free alternatives. All of this has been accompanied by an organization-wide transformation in ways of working, culture and strategy.
You will join a highly dynamic and rapidly evolving environment in a role which requires great agility, ability to deal with ambiguity, drive, curiosity and entrepreneurial-spirit.
We are looking for a Market Research Manager that will support the Eastern Europe region in transforming our business by:
- Analyzing market trends with a focus on the performance of key commercial initiatives and transition of legal age smokers to RRPs.
- Running strategic analyses across a variety of data sources to identify business opportunities, and challenges that need to be addressed, throughout the region.
- Working with the global Market Research team to improve reporting & analytics (e.g. consumer tracking studies, retail audit, brand equity measurement, consumer panels), and developing dashboards.
- Running strategic analyses on market and Eastern Europe regional level primarily leveraging consumer tracking, consumer journey, consumer panel and retail audit data to identify business opportunities and challenges that need to be addressed.
- Communicating results and getting buy-in from stakeholders. The manager will be expected to use a variety of methods to communicate results and get buy-in from stakeholders, including executive summaries, dashboards, data-driven stories, workshops and data visualization.
- Monthly reporting of KPIs to Regional Management (President and country Managing Directors) - to uncover growth opportunities and identify key challenges.
- Provide a holistic view of consumer behavior and business transformation from conventional business to reduced risk products.
- Lead the development of regional reporting and database systems.
- Occasionally working with global Market Research team and Data Science on special projects (i.e. Big Data, predictive analytics, forecasting).
- Identify and recommend 'areas to gain insight' for market research project teams based on analysis of consumer tracking and panel data.
- Advise Commercial teams on in-market activations / strategy.
Knowledge and experience desired to undertake this role :
Background in statistics, mathematics preferred, Fluent in English.
We are looking for candidates with experience working with quantitative data in market research agencies. Overall, at least 3-5 years of experience working in market research (with a focus on quantitative data) before moving to client-side. Experience working with consumer tracking studies is required. The candidate will need to be experienced in identifying & solving problems with tracking studies and retail audit. A high level of comfort with Microsoft Excel, Power BI and similar software is necessary. Experience working with Big Data, Data Science and visualization a plus, but not required. The candidate will be expected to be comfortable extracting insights from quantitative data, and 'connecting the dots' across multiple data sources. Attention to detail is expected for example, to spot data errors and ensure reliable reporting to Senior Management. Communication & influencing skills will help to deliver against objectives in a dynamic matrix organization.
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.