Organization Unit: Marketing & Communications
Reporting Manager: Manager Content Development
Purpose of the Position:
The Content Development Project Manager is responsible for the development and execution of programs / communication specific to retaining our customers across the retention journey states. He/She will be making recommendations regarding existing and/or new programs and supporting the content development team with overall strategy and planning. Key areas of focus will be effective onboarding and retention of customers, building loyalty and advocacy, to enhance brand image and participation, drive accessory sales, ensure active repurchase of IQOS. These programs will be deployed across both online (email, web, Line, Instagram etc.) and offline channels (flagship store, events, c-store etc.)
Accountability 1: Ensure effective onboarding and retention activation by -
• Develop and execute clear programs / communication aligned to the consumer journey, including channel strategy and content strategy for each initiative
• Ensure the scheme and deployment schedule for all programs is aligned with stakeholders and approved by management
• Oversee the development of clear tracking, reporting and feedback for each initiative including reasons for meeting, exceeding or missing KPIs and metrics
Accountability 2: Manage the onboarding and loyalty team to deploy programs in line with agreed timeframes, budgets, project methodology and Philip Morris International (PMI )Principles & Practices's -
• Clearly brief and provide direction to internal and external functions to ensure that they are clear on key objectives and strategies for output
• Oversee the development of a rigorous feasibility check of all programs including systems, controls and finance
• Oversee the development and use of clear reporting and feedback for each initiative including reasons for meeting, exceeding or missing KPIs and metrics
Accountability 3: Develop and manage the onboarding and loyalty budget and budgeting cycle in compliance with PMI Principles, practices and timelines, overseeing the team to ensure that both commitments are made and opportunities to release funds are identified in a timely manner
Accountability 4: Manage and develop the project team by -
• Ensure that all team members (including self) maintain currency with consumer trends, industry best practices and the competitive environment to ensure that programs are relevant and differentiated both online and offline
• Ensure that all team members understand how the Fast Forward frameworks is applied and impacts their work
• Provide constructive day-to-day coaching for all team members as well as creating meaningful career development plans that are reviewed quarterly
Accountability 5 :Manage and engage stakeholders
• Support management and engagement with all partner agencies to ensure that they understand Philip Morris Japan’s business strategy as well as maintain currency with and follow all policies and procedures such as good conversion practices
• Engage with HQ in terms of: sharing developments from Japan that can be applied globally, leveraging global toolboxes (where applicable) for local deployment, co-creating strategic initiatives
• Provide updates to local and global management on the progress and learning of each program.
Accountability 6:Personal & Team Development
• Maintain currency with consumer trends, industry best practices and the competitive environment to ensure that programs are relevant and differentiated
• Apply agile and waterfall project methodology to projects as required • Act as a coach and buddy to junior members of the team
- College/University degree, post graduate degree
- At least 10 year of relevant experience working in large, multi-national consumer experience role including consumer engagement, planning, execution, incorporating, and delivering complex program management will be an advantage as this indicates a good balance between strategic thinking and tactical execution.
- Experience working with cross-functional stakeholders from local and global teams.
- Proven ability to localize global frameworks for local adaptation and deployment.
- Familiarity with CRM systems e.g. Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Understanding of scrum-agile methodology
- Experience working with content management systems
- Experience with full digital marketing suite and on-line to offline experience
- PC skills: Microsoft Office suite, project management tools, data-analytics tools preferred (e.g. Tableau)