WHAT IS THE POSITION?
We are looking for a highly experienced Market Researcher that will support Israel organization in transforming our business and support the consumer-centricity by:
- Generating insights Consumer Journey through ad-hoc research.
- Building empathy for the customer by producing in-depth understanding of critical experience, pain points and delights.
- Connecting the dots across a variety of data sources and continuously building our knowledge about the consumer.
The candidate will be expected to be comfortable extracting insights from quantitative and qualitative data, and 'connecting the dots' across multiple data sources, to deliver against objectives in a dynamic matrix organization.
- Collaborates with partners (esp. Channel and Consumer Journey Heads to articulate business questions, develop ad-hoc market research studies and acts with a sense of urgency (most projects completed in < 4 weeks). Conducts ad-hoc research to address specific business questions that cannot be answered by analyses of NPS or Business Intelligence sources. Utilizes a variety of off-the-shelf or customized research techniques (including ethnography, online communities, exit surveys, crowdsourcing, etc.)
- Communicating results and getting buy-in from stakeholders. The employee will be expected to use a variety of methods to communicate results and get buy-in from stakeholders, including executive summaries, dashboards, data-driven stories, workshops and data visualization. Builds empathy for the customer by producing in-depth understanding of specific episodes and pain points - to uncover growth opportunities and identify key challenges. Advise Commercial teams on in-market activations / strategy.
- Works with knowledge management systems to identify ‘knowledge gaps’ about consumer’s motivations and experiences with IQOS and competitive products.
Connect the dots and continuously builds on knowledge about the consumer. Feeds insights back to Project Sponsors so they can implement ‘test to learn’ for solution development.
- Runs or participates in 'Lean' and agile experiments.
- Broadly shares insights i.e. via Learning Cards so global org. can benefit.
- Collaborating with our partner agencies and the Regional Market Research Cluster with regards to data integrity, analyses and overall service development. Occasionally working with MR colleagues from other Hubs or Clusters on special projects. If required, support SEE&IL MR Hub on CC projects.
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- MA an advantage
- Background in psychology/sociology
- Experience with behavioral economics or statistics/mathematics is an advantage
- Experience working with qualitative and quantitative data in market research agencies
- 8+ overall experience in market research
- 3- 5 years of experience working with a focus on quantitative data before moving to client-side
- Experience working with consumer journey studies is an advantage
- Experienced in identifying & solving problems with ad-hoc studies
- High level Excel, Power Point and similar software is necessary
- Experience working with SPSS/R, Big Data, Data Science and data visualization (e.g. Power BI, Stratifyd, Tableau) – an advantage
- High attention to detail
- Communication & influencing skills
- Lean & Agile mind-set
- Fluent in English and Hebrew
- Comfortable working in a virtual team (with supervisor based in Belgrade) and working across cultures
- Comfortable with travelling across Israel (to manage and supervise Focus Group Discussions); SEE Hub (Belgrade); EE Region (Moscow, Kiev) and OC (Lausanne).
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER! Philip Morris is the world’s leading international tobacco company. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization. Because our RRPs do not burn tobacco, they produce far lower quantities of harmful and potentially harmful compounds than found in cigarette smoke. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com