Are you a problem solving person who is action oriented? Are you able to learn on the fly and give efficient services in line with the company policy and procedures? Do you have strong communication, team-work and negotiation skills?
If the answer to the above is ‘Yes’ do not miss this truly unique opportunity and apply for the position of:
Procurement Agent within Philip Morris Senegal Supply Chain Team.
• Process purchase requisitions of all required equipment, merchandise and services in order to ensure that the company requirements are met in accordance with company policies and procedures, and that appropriate merchandise is available in quantity, quality and on time
• Prepare request for quotation packages by detailing scope, terms conditions, relevant procedures (i.e. EHS) to pass all the necessary information to bidders.
• Evaluate quotations and prepare a bid evaluation report, which reflects all the information and the detailed analysis supporting the decision to select the supplier or contractor to be submitted to the authorized signatures.
• Prepare purchase orders and/or contracts specifying all requirements and agreed conditions to be met by the company, suppliers and contractors
• Prepare, collect and keep organized all purchasing documents to ensure they are available for audit purposes
• Coordinate and communicate with relevant parties in order to ensure that information regarding specification of merchandise, scope of work, design, project schedule, technical and/or quality requirements is clearly defined in the documents submitted to the authorized signatures
• Search the market to find, analyze and propose alternative sources of suppliers & contractors so that a competitive environment for the commercial items in his/her area is achieved in terms of number of qualified suppliers and prepare record accordingly
• Ensure that EHS is integrated into all activities and adherence to EHS Policy & Procedures is strictly maintained
• Ensure proper follow-up and coordination with the Cluster to anticipate on the potential negative impacts that may arise from their activities will have the minimum consequences possible on our financials especially regarding DIM, Leaf and spare parts purchases.
• University degree in Engineering, Economics, Supply chain or Business Management
• Minimum 6 months of experience in sourcing products/services with exposure to multinational environment, preferably within a FMCG company
• Establishes and executes in an independent way category plans
• Manages supplier portfolio for at least 2 categories in all aspects
• Demonstrated problem solving abilities
• Fluency in English required (both written and spoken)
• In-depth knowledge of the supply market in the relevant products/services categories
• Knowledge of SAP and Microsoft office
• Good negotiation skills
• Project management
• Good business acumen
• Demonstrated Good Analytical Skills
• Master all procurement basics
• Challenging and very rewarding role with a significant amount of ownership in a dynamic international environment,
• Collaboration with a team of great professionals with limitless possibilities of sharing knowledge with the best experts in their field,
• Participation and leadership of a significant amount of strategic projects that make an impact to the whole organization,
• Excellent career development opportunities,
• Competitive remuneration package with an extensive benefit scheme.
Join a global market leader
Philip Morris International is a leading international tobacco company, with a diverse workforce of around 80,000 people who hail from every corner of the globe.
We are committed to being a great employer and a good corporate citizen. We strive to be environmentally and socially responsible. We are dedicated to fighting the illegal cigarette trade. And we proudly support the communities where we source tobacco and where our employees live and work.
We are dedicated to doing something very dramatic – replacing cigarettes with the smoke-free products that we’re developing and selling. That’s why we have a total of over 400 dedicated scientists, engineers, and technicians developing less harmful alternatives to cigarettes at our two Research & Development sites in Switzerland and Singapore.
It’s the biggest shift in our history. And it’s the right one for our consumers, our company, our shareholders, and society.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, see www.pmi.com.