Here at PMI we want to be far more than a leading cigarette company. We’re building PMI’s future on smoke-free products that are a much better choice than cigarette smoking.
Indeed, our vision – for all of us at PMI – is that these products will one day replace cigarettes.
Our company is changing and significantly. Could you be part of a truly dynamic worldwide team dedicated to an ambitious new vision of a Smoke Free Future?
We have an exciting opportunity for someone with a strong academic background and interest in commercial law to train in a wide-ranging legal function of a dynamic, global FMCG company.
What’s the role?
It is a two year training contract, of which 6 months you will spend on secondment to an international City law firm (where you will likely join the Litigation and/or Corporate departments). You will report to the Senior Counsel of UK & Ireland, you will partner closely with all levels of the business. You will support the administering of commercially focused and pragmatic legal advice relating to a variety of areas in order to handle risk and to help drive the business forward.You will be motivated, tenacious and driven in order to make the most of this exciting, meaningful and multi-faceted role.
You will have the opportunity to broaden your knowledge in a number of key areas:
• Commercial Contracts
• IT/Media/IP and software contracts
• IP & brand portfolio management
• Advertising, sponsorship, marketing and sales promotions
• Commercial disputes and litigation
• Corporate and transaction support
• Company law
• Competition law
• Data protection
• Media and advertising
• Consumer Law
You will use your academic and practical legal experience to make an immediate contribution, as well as developing your technical legal skills and the soft skills needed to thrive in a fast-paced blue-chip organisation. This is a highly visible role, which affords close contact with all areas of the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
• Successful completion of (a) either a law degree (minimum 2:1) or the GDL and (b) the LPC.
• Legal and FMCG work experience is desirable but not essential.
• Improve the effectiveness of the legal team by providing supporting the administering of commercial legal advice to the wider business.
• Self-starter, confident and front facing with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to manage challenging priorities, deadlines and demands.
• Detail oriented, structured, and results driven.
• Location: Central London
• Salary: £35,000 (plus benefits)*
• Start: As soon as possible
• Benefits*: private pension, private healthcare, 25 days holiday and other core benefits
You’ll be looking for a career in a company that is truly global in reach, and offers great people the opportunity to develop and grow themselves.
If you’re looking for a job that challenges, inspires and rewards you, take a closer look at what we’re trying to do, and apply now.
At PMI we see equal pay for equal work between women and men as the baseline standard for equality. We've proven that our actual pay practices match our good intentions with the Global EQUAL-SALARY Certification. On top this PMI is an equal opportunities employer.