You may have heard of Philip Morris International (PMI), the world’s leading Tobacco Company and the maker of Marlboro – the undisputed number one cigarette brand in the world.
But PMI is about more than cigarettes. We’ve made a significant business decision to go “smoke-free” and work towards a world where non-combustible tobacco and nicotine products may one day replace cigarettes.
Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a phenomenal career? We’re now laying the foundation to make our smoke-free vision a reality and we’re looking to recruit an Horizon Development Manager .You will be employed in Hong Kong under Philip Morris Asia Limited (PMAL). PMAL operates as a subsidiary of Philip Morris International, Inc.
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
You will develop and lead the horizon development program strategies. Build the strategy for development aligned to product segment requirements based on fundamentals.
• Based on PMI product segmentations and battery usage requirements set the direction of horizon and future development programs delivering to PMI a unique performance advantage within each product segment
• Offer expertise on battery development processes to support the roadmap of Reduced Risk Product (RRP) devices development.
• Offer expertise on battery process vetting PMI battery requirements and upholding safety standards in objective way
• Grow and manage 3rd party consultants supporting the accelerated development programs.
• Accelerate the development of lithium battery supporting ecosystem to accelerate research into new lithium battery technologies that can be used in RRP platforms.
• Ability to support the assessment of viable new lithium battery technologies and transfer into partner facilities.
• Carry out all of the activities ensuring that PMI Compliance Policies, standards, and laws relating to these activities are fully respected, integrated and understood by stakeholders, and implement adequate processes to ensure the protection of information of a confidential nature.
Essential Skills and competencies:
• Minimum of 8 years battery related development experience for consumer electronics.
• Experience on battery safety, performance and process verification.
• Experience in managing multiple parallel projects.
• Experience in managing/collaboration with external development and manufacturing partners.
• Excellent communication skills and fluency in English and Chinese is a must.
Displaying the following traits would be an advantage:
• Creative individual, able to work independently whilst being a core team member
• Able to challenge direct reports, peers and senior management
• Structured approach to rationalize and develop process, tools and resources from both internal and external partners.
• Experimental approach mindset, oriented to quality of results with technical decisions taken on the basis of objective data
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
Philip Morris International (PMI) is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. PMI's smoke-free product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of March 31, 2019, PMI estimates that approximately 7.3 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 47 markets in key cities or nationwide. For more information, see our PMI (https://www.pmi.com/) and PMI Science (https://www.pmiscience.com/) websites.