Manager Consumer Electronics Packaging Development
At Philip Morris International we aim to elevate the consumer experience through Packaging design and development and bring the unboxing of electronic devices and accessories to the next level of quality, executional readiness and delightful consumer experience.
In this role, you will be based in our Hong Kong organization, reporting to the Director of Packaging Engineering located in Neuchatel, Switzerland, and play an important contributing role in the development of and a leadership role in the successful industrialization of new packaging solutions for our devices and accessories hardware.
You will initiate and oversee key development, functional, supply chain and continuous improvement initiatives related to the electronics and accessories packaging stream.
You will provide local functional leadership to the Director of Device Industrialization and sustaining engineering based in Hong Kong, ensuring clear alignment on the go to market portfolio readiness and action plans for packaging.
You will manage a team of Packaging engineers, overseeing their development and setting clear objectives and milestones relative to the program priorities.
You will interact closely with the procurement, operations and logistics teams and external suppliers and partners to scope and set forward new initiatives in qualifying new materials/processes to further enhance our route to consumer journey.
We are currently looking for a:
Manager Consumer Electronics Packaging Development.
Education and experience:
• Degree or equivalent related advanced studies or experience in engineering, printing, converting or material science.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in leading the design for manufacture to industrialization of new packaging solutions, ideally in the consumer electronics and hardware packaging spaces.
• Proven team leadership and organizational engagement capabilities.
• Proficient and broad knowledge of packaging materials, inks, print decoration and converting / assembly technologies and in leading from design refinement to supply chain qualification and manufacturing validation.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization and with suppliers
• Strong research and problem solving and organizational capabilities coupled with pragmatic, analytical and autonomous mindset.
• Ability to travel internationally (Europe & Asia) to support development activities and strengthen partner relationship.
• Fluent English and Mandarin is a must,
• Computer skills/Software: Adobe Suite, Product Lifecycle Management tool, MS Office, CAD etc.
• Manage a team of local Packaging professionals, recruiting and developing future talents through setting clear objectives and milestones in line with the program priorities and with PMI’s practices.
• Oversee all phases of the packaging development process from concept refinement / design for manufacturing through to final assembly validation and full industrialization (including ramp up phase) for electronics and accessory packaging.
• Provide local functional leadership to the Director Device Industrialization and sustaining engineering based in Hong Kong, ensuring clear alignment with project brief and for market portfolio readiness and action plans for packaging in full according to PMI stage gate process (specifications, validation and process / quality requirements).
• Partner with the procurement, operations and logistics teams and external suppliers and EMS partners to scope and set forward new initiatives in qualifying new materials/processes to further enhance our route to consumer journey and enable future packaging supply chain partnerships.
• Initiate and drive continuous improvement for material, process and industrialization methodologies across the consumer electronics packaging platform.
• You will lead local innovation scouting for material, format and utility and for new vendor opportunities to expand our footprint and capabilities.
• Contribute to our strategic development programs, such as corporate sustainability, and develop and lead key target setting and KPI alignment / delivery whilst adhering with PMI’S compliance and regulatory control procedures.
Philip Morris International: Delivering a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI’s smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heat-not-burn and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of June 30, 2019, PMI estimates that approximately 8.0 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heat-not-burn product, available for sale in 48 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, please visit www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.