RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
We are seeking for a highly talented, experienced and consumer-driven professional to join the Market Research team, based in Kuala Lumpur office.
You are the internal researcher within the organisation who are consumer and shopper experts, love data, strategic thinker, have good knowledge of quantitative research and use these skills to guide the thinking of the business. You will have the exposure to lead the design, implementation, control and analysis of market, consumer, customer and brand research projects to facilitate insights generation as well as the development and implementation of business strategies and tactics, new products and brand developments in Philip Morris Malaysia.
This position reports to the Manager, Market & Consumer Research.
This is a unique opportunity to:
• Be part of a world-class multinational company and the global industry leader, in a role that will present you with outstanding professional challenges, learning opportunities and career growth;
• Understand our consumer and deliver meaningful value to the business.
• Be part in an organization that promotes diversity, growth and an equal-opportunity employer.
• Be part of Equal-Salary Certified Employer.
• Focus the marketing research plans on key business objectives to optimize the relevance and impact of market information.
• Drive the identification of information gaps and insufficiently utilized information.
• Define and prioritise short & medium term information needs in the development and presentation of market research plan to Senior Management team for budget allocation during the annual corporate planning process.
• Manage budgets in line with evolving business priorities, propose ways to close the gaps if any to ensure objectivity and identify savings opportunities.
• Optimise research briefs, supplier choice, methodologies and analyses to ensure that PMI only receives work of the highest quality form leading edge agencies in a cost effective manner.
• Develop ‘best practice’ and innovative research approach, leveraging from PMI experience and skills.
• Brief, supervise & participate in study fieldwork to ensure the highest standards of quality and insights.
• Lead the analysis and interpretation of data and ensure:
a. ‘scientific’ rigor – the accuracy and total reliability of the data reported.
b. timely reporting ; understanding that ‘speed to market’ is a key condition for success
• Proactively provide strategic market information and analysis to ensure that marketing decisions are made based on sound market insights.
• Drive data extraction, analysis and synthesis that focuses on strategic priorities.
• Coach and guide internal users on understanding and utilisation of market Research outputs.
• Provide actionable, strategically focused, evidence based recommendations
• Drive KPI monitoring of strategic brands and channels as well as evaluation of key brand/trade activities.
• Consolidate primary market research and secondary data sources to evaluate the effectiveness of brand / trade investment in quantifiable business performance terms.
• Coordinate with the Regional and/or Cluster Market Research teams to maintain the integrity of key PMI international research methodologies (in-line with international protocols available).
• Support the ideation process by collaborating with internal & external parties, in research project design, management, analysis and interpretation of the potential of innovative ideas.
• Involve in building knowledge management system to ensure market intelligence is accessible, secure and user friendly and negate any loss of corporate knowledge due to personnel movement.
• Work closely with Law, Corporate Affairs and compliance advisors to ensure adherence with Company’s Code of Conducts and policies.
• Develop close working relationship with external research partners to ensure day-to-day activities related to consumer and customer research are performance according to agreed quality, cost & timescales
Essential Skills and competencies:
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in Market Research, including at least 2 years of market research, business planning or Marketing experience in leading FMCG companies.
• Significant experience in managing qualitative and quantitative research and external partners (e.g. research agencies).
• Possess high level of timely delivery of data accuracy, quality and cost efficiency.
• Strategic thinker and able to conceptualize solutions.
• Demonstrate analytical, business-acumen and problem-solving skills.
• Strong people skills with proven influencing and delivery power to work across-functionally and collaborate.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Enthusiastic and ambitious self-starter with a strong drive for results.
• Experience working in agile teams and processes.
• Holds a Degree in Marketing, Business, Statistics or equivalent. MBA is highly desirable.