Over the past three years, Philip Morris International (PMI) has made a dramatic pivot away from the marketing and sales of combustible cigarettes, and moved towards its Reduced-Risk Product (RRP) portfolio, focusing on its flagship product, IQOS. This product is PMI’s step forward to creating a “smoke-free future” for legal age consumers who continue to enjoy tobacco, but are seeking smoke-free alternatives. All of this has been accompanied by an organization-wide transformation in ways of working, culture and strategy.
You will join a highly dynamic and rapidly evolving environment in a role which requires great agility, ability to deal with ambiguity, drive, curiosity and entrepreneurial-spirit.
1. Play a key role in the development and delivery of the Talent Acquisition strategy and plan for Technology and Consumer Technology and Consumer s, demonstrating a robust understanding of business needs and culture to inform candidate 'fit’; interpreting business requirements and challenges and translating them into successful Talent Acquisition strategies to achieve the workforce plan.
2. Create an environment in which new and creative thinking is encouraged to optimize the TA process and emerging technologies are exploited, where possible, to build a forward-thinking function.
3. Create an environment in which the skills, knowledge and experience of the team are harnessed to deliver the Talent Acquisition strategy and objectives within Technology and Consumer Technology and Consumer s, building robust capacity plans to inform overall workforce plan and timeline to achieve.
4. Share knowledge and experience, and actively engage with TA, HR and business colleagues, and external sources, to learn and test ways to continuously improve the effectiveness of Talent Acquisition across PMI.
5. Develop a robust understanding of the internal recruitment needs and the strategic business priorities to inform rapid development implementation of plans to deliver against those priorities.
6. Lead, develop and support the Talent Acquisition team in building subject matter expertise, professional insights and knowledge of market trends and candidate profiles to inform discussions on strategic resource needs and to underpin nearer term objectives.
7. Keep pace with, and contribute to, the Talent Acquisition function and guidance to hiring managers regarding market employment trends, compensation, skills & attributes, target companies, recruitment strategies, interviewing, assessments and sourcing tactics and channels.
8. Develop and foster knowledge and understanding of sourcing channels (Executive Search, in-house Talent Acquisition Specialists, and ex-HR generalists) to harness candidates’ skills, knowledge and experience from a range of industries and backgrounds to fit the talent ambitions within PMI.
9. Monitor, track and report against performance measures for Talent Acquisition effectiveness and use output to inform Talent Acquisition strategy.
10 Demonstrate commercial awareness and responsibility through using the Global Talent Acquisition budget effectively.
11. Lead and manage the hiring process to ensure a quality assured and consistent experience for candidates and colleagues alike.
12. Take steps to continuously improve the candidate and colleague experience and engagement through feedback and adoption of market-leading processes and digital tools, to deliver an exceptional candidate experience across the organization.
13. Ensure candidate onboarding experience provides a seamless transition from candidate to employee.
Knowledge and experience desired to undertake this role:
1. Demonstrates knowledge and experience of Talent Acquisition processes in a multinational working environment and the ability to use that knowledge and experience effectively to engage stakeholders and candidates.
2. Able to scope, define and manage change activity within the TA team and harness knowledge, skills and experience of the team to deliver better outcomes.
3. Demonstrates strong communication, engagement and business partnering skills to sustain momentum around the change agenda at a pace without compromising the Talent Sourcing experience for candidates and colleagues.
4. Demonstrates knowledge and experience in talent attraction and engagement, strategic sourcing and assessment practices, (e.g. psychometric testing; leadership assessments) and utilizes that knowledge to source, attract and assess talent.
5. Able to work effectively within a matrix environment and to flex between detail and strategy.
6. Experience of working in Talent Acquisition roles, ideally in blue-chip, multinational environments.
7. Demonstrates the ability to work sensitively, and effectively, within and across diverse teams.
8. Recognizes the additional sensitivities which may arise from working within a family business.
9. Demonstrates authentic ambition, sense of urgency, agility and tenacity and a genuine commitment to revolutionizing the tobacco industry.
10. Holds a BSc / BA in business administration, Human Resources or relevant field.
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.