Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a phenomenal career? Then apply now! We are currently looking for a:
With the following requirements:
• CFC or Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry or any equivalent field
• 2-3 years in pharma or food industry or any relevant area
• Experience in Gas chromatography (GC-FID, GC-MS) and Liquid chromatography (LC-MS) in quality environment (ISO17025, GLP)
• Great teammate with an increased level of integrity
• Fast learner with proven analytical skills and developed critical thinking
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Fluency in French and English
If you are also experienced working in a team under strict deadlines, while operating in a changing environment, you are the one we want for our Analytical Laboratories team, in Philip Morris Products S.A., Science and Innovation, in Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
As a Laboratory Technician you will apply well-defined scientific/technical methodologies and work procedures to perform elaborate technology, analyses and technical activities. You are expected to apply problem-solving techniques and perform maintenance in your area of activities, using standard analytical techniques such as Gas Chromatography, Liquid Chromatography and/or Inductively Coupled Plasma (GC-FI/TCD, GC-MS, LC-MS/MS and ICP-MS). You will also use basic scientific/technical principles to perform project activities of limited scope and complexity within technology and product development and may suggest improvements for methodologies, processes, products, systems, materials and/or equipment. Furthermore, you will assist more experienced colleagues or scientists and may interact with customers and suppliers/engineers.
• Plan, lead, and/or perform independently laboratory tests in order to generate accurate data on analysis to support routine, special projects, batch release, stability studies, method development and/or proficiency test studies. Collect, generate and review data.
• Maintain and basic troubleshoot simple and medium complexity laboratory instrumentation to ensure business continuity. Ensure sufficient quantities of supplies for continuous laboratory operation.
• Complete short term activities of a repetitive nature with a high level of quality and apply standard operating procedures and work instructions to support lab activities
• Perform your duties in accordance to Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and ISO 17025, and the respective PMI EHS rules, policies and procedures. Support laboratory accreditation activities such as review of local analytical methodologies, provide training when necessary, and conduct audits to maintain quality systems.
• Advise as technical subject expert for certain technical aspects of projects/processes within the group
Why work for us?
1. We are international: you work with clients and learn on-the-job from team members from all over the world;
2. We are flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible work Arrangement Program;
3. We are a certified top employer: we consider our employees to be our strongest asset, and we are developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
And rest assured, as the first multinational company in Switzerland to obtain the Equal-Salary label, for men and women, our competitive salary and compensation package is for all our employees!
Join a global market leader
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you wish to contribute to the future of our business and to the new scientific journey of the industry, please apply online.
As with many countries, Switzerland has immigration restrictions which will impact the possibility for non-nationals to work in the country. Profiles required for this position may not being specific enough to justify the recruitment of a person outside of Switzerland or countries having agreed upon free movement with Switzerland, please note that in this case a valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25 EFTA citizenship is required to apply for this position.