Are you passionate about PMI’s future, its culture change being the success driver for the transformation and experiences people go through every day in PMI? Do you look for ways to grow in your job?
If you want to challenge yourself, working in a dynamic & international environment, then apply now! We are currently looking for a:
PMI has always been a leading company in the sector, but the time of transformation we are currently experiencing is quite exciting and is unprecedented. We are facing one of the greatest transformations in the history of fast-moving consumer goods, and the creation of a vision of a smoke-free future requires enormous courage, resourcefulness and motivation.
As Statistician, you will be part of our Quality CoE department for Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna S.p.A. and will be reporting to the Manager Quality Analytics. The position will be based in Bologna.
A key responsibility will to provide statistical direction to product monitoring, product and process development, improvement and change management activities, impacting company resources, related to product compliance, quality, and performance for conventional and reduced-risk products.
In your role, you will also develop, deploy, and maintain systems and methods aligned with applicable external and internal standards and guidelines.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Establish statistical principles, review and consolidate data, provide guidance for product and process monitoring and assessments in the context of continuous improvement activities in collaboration with relevant stakeholders
• Provide statistical direction, deploy standardized statistical approaches in line with relevant external standards
• Deploy, validate, and maintain standard procedures for data assessment, in line with PMI change management processes.
• Provide guidance and training on statistical methods and good data management practices to relevant stakeholders
• Promote and apply all rules concerning PMI Quality, environment, health and safety. Report all situations requiring actions in order to minimize or eliminate risks exposure to personnel, company assets and societal impacts and be in line with or ahead of any applicable Law requirements and Company standards.
Requirements & Skills:
• Master Degree/PhD in statistics, mathematics, or other relevant discipline.
• 3 or more years of experience in statistical data analysis and big data management
• Advanced knowledge of phython or other predictive statistics modelling tools
• Well-developed IT, data analysis and project management skills
• Fluent in English written and spoken. Italian knowledge is desirable.
Grade level from: 8-9
Recruiter: Rita Gherardi
Employment Type: Local to local
Relocation package offered
WHAT WE OFFER
Our company offers you a new and fresh scientific perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering:
competitive wage conditions and the chance at potentially unlimited growth, thanks to performance monitoring systems that merge the talents of persons with their professional aspirations and allow for a constant growth of different proficiencies.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
We are a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the United States of America. We are building our future on smoke-free products that are a much better consumer choice than continuing to smoke cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, we aim to ensure that our smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. Our vision is that these products ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adult smokers, society, our company and our shareholders. For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna is Philip Morris International's first center for personnel training and prototyping, industrialization, and large-scale production of potentially reduced risk products (RRPs).