We are looking to recruit a creative professional who strives for results and can lead Embedded Software projects from concept phase working with marketing until industrialization.
Design Verification Associate Engineer
With the following requirements:
• 3-5 years of product design and/or product testing experience preferably in industries such as Consumer/mobile electronics, Automotive electronics, Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS), Medical Device manufacturer, Scientific instrument manufacturer, Automation products/services provider
• Expertise in failure investigation and root cause analysis on electronic device
• Proven experience in managing complex situations with external development partners
• Exposure in medical device development would be desirable
• Open minded, creative and curious with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from other disciplines
• Highly disciplined in terms of maintaining required design verification documentation for demonstrating traceability to requirements
• Strong reputation in engaging in proactive behavior and seizing opportunities
• Fluent in English is a must, French a plus
The Design Verification team, part of Electronic Device group at Philip Morris R&D in Neuchâtel, supports PMI‘s core business objectives. The team, is currently looking for an Associate Engineer (preferably in Electronic) to support daily work activities and take lead on some project. The role of the chosen candidate will be to perform experimental work using the State-of-the-Art analytical equipment for defect investigation and root cause analyses. Additionally, as well run test in regards of the design verification of our new product. The work will also include: Initiate DOEs and execute related tests. Perform experiments for method development and validation purposes, consolidate raw data going to be used by the Subject Matter Expert. Issue investigation report and collaborate closely with other PMI R&D department. Develop and validate new testing method. The candidate had to be able to work closely with other team member and as well in independent manner. We will need for this position someone with high level of autonomy and who can take initiative.
• Liaise with subject matter experts in a timely manner to address any deficiencies or defects found during testing.
• Propose and execute DOEs related to failure investigation and root cause analysis.
• Maintain the defect tracking system and ensuring all fixed defects are properly tested and closed.
Design Verification (DV):
• Assist in the preparation of DV master plans (scope, schedules & estimates); maintain plans, timetables and resource requirements to ensure that all activities meet the overall plan to demonstrate RRP compliance to Design Input requirements.
• Responsible to develop specific test plans, design and perform functional & robustness testing of RRP devices to demonstrate product compliance to Design Input requirements related to his/her functional area.
• Apply in depth data analysis to ensure the assessment plan integrity.
Liaise with design team to plan and define test specifications.
Quality Management System (QMS):
• Create/Maintain Work Instructions (WKI) of specific test equipment.
• Assist in Procedures (SOP) creation/maintenance related to his/her functional area.
• Manage laboratory, ensuring proper equipment maintenance (calibration, certification...) and fulfilling all EHS requirements.
• Investigate appropriate new technologies to improve existing test methods.
Why work for us?
1) We are international: you work with clients and learn on-the-job from team members from all over the world;
2) We are flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible work Arrangement Program;
3) We are a certified top employer: we consider our employees to be our strongest asset, and we are developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
And rest assured, as the first multinational company in Switzerland to obtain the Equal-Salary label, for men and women, our competitive salary and compensation package is for all our employees!
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you wish to contribute to the future of our business and to the new scientific journey of the industry, please apply online.
As with many countries, Switzerland has immigration restrictions which will impact the possibility for non-nationals to work in the country. Profiles required for this position may not being specific enough to justify the recruitment of a person outside of Switzerland or countries having agreed upon free movement with Switzerland, please note that in this case a valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25 EFTA citizenship is required to apply for this position.