We’ve built the world’s most successful cigarette company, with the world’s most popular and iconic brands. Now we’ve made a dramatic decision. We will be far more than a leading cigarette company. We’re building PMI’s future on smoke-free products that are a much better choice than cigarette smoking.
Our company is changing dramatically. Be part of the biggest transformation in the history of our company. You can be part of a truly dynamic worldwide team dedicated to a bold new vision.
We are seeking a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to join Philip Morris Benelux based in our office in Antwerp.
We want to disrupt the way we make decisions with the stories told by data. We believe that every decision, every day, should be driven by data driven insights. We need to accelerate the identification and formulation of data science use cases with the highest importance for the Reduced Risk Products business. This starts with in-depth understanding of data and sources available to generate the insights to support current challenges and needs.
As part of the local Business Intelligence team your key focus will be on data mining, modeling and governance. You will deliver recurring reporting on product, competitor, market and industry consumer intelligence, which you will complement with actionable insights to your stakeholders (e.g. Business Planning, Commercial Teams and other functional teams) across the Benelux organisation.
You will be responsible for:
• Getting the most out of data though mining, predictive modeling. Information gathering & evaluation: collect, read, interpret, integrate and maintain information from various relevant stakeholders, with a focus on RRP relevant intelligence
• Communication, Data story telling & visualization: translate findings and results into a compelling narrative;
• Data quality assurance and governance;
• Analyzing & hypothesis: support analysis with relevant data and various relevant inputs to identify the root cause of problems and identify opportunities to solve problems an derive meaningful and impactful insights;
• Collaboration: collaborate with various stakeholders to source, evaluate and prioritize the information required.
• Drive and Passion for Results – ability to resolve matters till the end, at high speed and quality through data, intelligence and statistics;
• Strong experience in statistics, commercial intelligence, market research, business planning and / or business analytics.
• Domain expertise; ability to share the most effective way to generate data driven in-sights
• Ability to understand & support data models by easy-to-use interactive BI dashboards
• Strong and practical experience in using Visualization tools (such as Power BI and Tableau) and understanding of data mining and predictive modeling for Analytics delivery (is a plus);
• Business Acumen – ability to understand various business functions and markets, cross-functional interdependencies, business KPIs.
• Thought leadership and independence: Natural curiosity and ability to ask the right questions, formulate problem statement and outcome of analytics according to audience. Confident to follow up, raise and challenge senior leaders.
• Priority Setting, Organizing and Project Management - ability to prioritize, plan, organize and execute parallel activities, ability to apply project management and agile practices
• Learning Agility and Dealing with Ambiguity - ability to quickly learn/adapt to a new environment, new projects, new activities
You will become part of the Business intelligence team of the Benelux.
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of September 30, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 5.9 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 43 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer