Are you an action oriented individual with good problem solving skills? If yes, then we would like to hear from you. We are looking to recruit our next EHS Engineer.
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
PMFTC is seeking talented people to join our Supply Chain Team in our Marikina site. As an EHS Engineer, you will be provide support and knowledge for the development and implementation of environment, health and safety systems and programs, in accordance with company Principle and Practices, legal requirement and recognized best practices, in order to prevent injury to employees, prevents damage to the environment, minimizes the business impact of foreseeable losses and meet legal and company requirements.
YOUR CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implementation of EHS strategies and plans, by supporting the supervisors to engage the employees to behave according to EHS policies and procedures and continuously seek to raise the awareness of management, supervisors and employees, in order achieve EHS objectives and targets
- Implementation and monitoring of the EHS management system and programs, by continually searching for improvements and ensuring that procedures are accepted, the responsibilities are understood, and the programs are supported, in order to protect people from injury, the environment from damage, the business from unnecessary losses, based on company EHS Principles and Practices and applicable regulatory requirements
- Implementation of a proactive loss prevention program including risk management (identification, assessment, and control), inspections, audits, and emergency planning, by monitoring their implementation, in order to eliminate or reduce health, safety and environmental risks to an acceptable level.
- Assist in the preparation of EHS training modules, coordinate the implementation of training activities, conduct training when appropriate and maintain training records of employees, contractors and visitors, to ensure they fully understand the EHS aspects of their job and responsibilities and to continuously improve EHS trainings
- Provide timely reporting of EHS performance indicators to factory management, region and EHS-OC, by ensuring the data is updated and analyzed, in order to provide accurate information to the management
- Provide clarity on the integration of EHS requirements in the design, construction/installation and commissioning of new and/or revamped buildings, installations, engineering works, machinery, and equipment and monitor the technical certification of all new equipment brought into the factory, in order to eliminate or reduce risks and comply with legal requirements
- Assist in accident investigation, analysis, and reporting and maintain records of all incident/accident information accordingly, in order to allow EHS Department and Management to identify basic causes and take actions to prevent the incident to occur again. Support the implementation and test of the emergency prevention and response programs, in order to eliminate or minimize losses due to natural and man made disasters
- Identify the requirements for personal protective equipment (PPE's), through a needs analysis and train the employees to use it, to ensure that appropriate PPEs are purchased, provided and correctly used by the employees. Performance Improvement Support the EHS projects, by the team project on the identification of the needs, weaknesses and/o\r emerging issues and propose solutions, in order to improve EHS performance and to achieve EHS objectives and targets
You have a college degree in Science, Engineering or relevant EHS discipline. At least three years relevant experience in the implementation of environment, occupational health and safety management systems and responsibilities in pollution control and abatement. Good communication and interpersonal skills Familiar with Philippines Environment, Health and Safety regulations Knowledge in developing, implementing and maintaining EHS management systems. Knowledge in ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 requirements. You must be amenable to be assigned in Marikina City.
WORK LOCATION AND SCHEDULE
Marikina: Marikina Plant C & D
Generally Mondays to Fridays, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and Saturdays, 8:00 am to 12:00 pm