Over the past three years, Philip Morris International (PMI) has made a dramatic pivot away from the marketing and sales of combustible cigarettes, and moved towards its Reduced-Risk Product (RRP) portfolio, focusing on its flagship product, IQOS. This product is PMI’s step forward to creating a “smoke-free future” for legal age consumers who continue to enjoy tobacco, but are seeking smoke-free alternatives. All of this has been accompanied by an organization-wide transformation in ways of working, culture and strategy.
You will join a highly dynamic and rapidly evolving environment in a role which requires great agility, ability to deal with ambiguity, drive, curiosity and entrepreneurial-spirit.
We are looking for a Data Insights Analyst in the Strategic Planning & Prioritization, Finance team inside the Swiss market. You will be the expert in communicating and delivering data insights for our Teams across the region and opportunities that the business will need to address as part of our commercialization strategies. This role is responsible for driving the consumer centric decision making agenda within the Philip Morris SA organization by; providing the business with clear and powerful data grounded insights. Giving the organization a competitive edge by connecting the dots and analyzing various data sources across the organization.
• Pro-actively providing ad-hoc deep dive analysis and reporting based on the available data sources, based on business needs and pro-active anticipation explore topics and business questions that would help progress the business.
• Come up with new analytical models and approaches to analyze data and extract key insights.
• Analyze and interpret results using standard statistical tools and techniques identifying trends, correlations and patterns in complicated data sets
• Knowledge and use of predictive analytics and advanced modelling techniques to deliver insights
• Collaborate closely with analysts from other departments within the organization to coordinate joint analysis projects and to support them with consulting on their analytical challenges.
• Educate and train the organization on; analytical thinking, report writing, correct data analytics tools usage
• Liaising KPI reporting with sales data and performance analysis (IMS, Shipments, Scanning, GCTS)
• Be able to talk data and present insights to the business with clear recommendations
• Consumer behavior analysis and reporting
• Contribute to PMSA data governance processes
• Master in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or Engineering
• Strong experience in a consumer/data insights role in a leading FMCG, consumer electronics
• Business analysis experience;
• Strong analytical skills: ability to connect, interpret and present data to provide insightful and actionable recommendations;
• Acknowledge of data visualization and KPI dashboards using Tableau or Power BI
• Hands on Python/R (data preparation, data analysis)
• Acknowledge of data warehouse architecture
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Strong team and collaboration spirit.
• Fluent in both written and spoken English.
• Service orientation
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.