Are you passionate about PMI’s future, its culture change being the success driver for the transformation and experiences people go through every day in PMI? Do you look for ways to grow in your job?
If you want to challenge yourself, working in a dynamic & international environment, then apply now! We are currently looking for a:
PMI has always been a leading company in the sector, but the time of transformation we are currently experiencing is quite exciting and is unprecedented. We are facing one of the greatest transformations in the history of fast-moving consumer goods, and the creation of a vision of a smoke-free future requires enormous courage, resourcefulness and motivation.
As Process Lead you will be part of our Manufacturing department for Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna S.p.A. and will be reporting to the Process Support Supervisor. The position will be based in Bologna.
A key responsibility will be to execute and lead the processes for eliminating losses by effective problem solving and process control to support in delivering business result of the assigned RRP line and fully applying the Integrated Manufacturing System (IMS) and PMI standards and policies.
In your role, you will act as the line owner of (a) Center Line, (b) Rapid Change Over, (c) Change Management Daily Management System (DMS)s and also the line owner of the integrity of the Line Event Data System (LEDS). Acts as the process expert in problem solving and on floor troubleshooting.
Finally, you will lead the change management processes including benchmarking and reapplication activities across appropriate production lines, business units and factory.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Create and establish CL targets & limits for the RRP line(s). Is responsible to review, validate and update new CL standard of the line(s) in order to meet the business results. Develops the control strategies to enable operators to respond to out of control situations, furthermore ensures that documentation is in place and used in the line(s) whenever out of limit situations occur.
• Driving performance through loss elimination and continuous improvement: Leading problem-solving activities using standard problem solving tools such as IPS, 6W2H & UPS to solve the chronic problems on the line(s) in a timely manner. Drives centerline daily management system and loss elimination processes by applying standard tools according to Integrated Manufacturing System (IMS) standards. As the Owner of Line Event Data Systems, he/she ensures the integrity of the data from his/her lines. Create and establish changeover standards for all appropriate SKUs in the line(s). Reviews changeover critiques and coaches the team to identify and implement improvement opportunities to achieve RCO success criteria’s and standards. Leads and participates actively in the Rapid Changeover events to identify additional opportunities for change over process optimization.
• Create and establishes changeover standards for all appropriate SKUs in the line(s). Reviews changeover critiques and coaches the team to identify and implement improvement opportunities to achieve RCO success criteria’s and standards. Leads and participates actively in the Rapid Changeover events to identify additional opportunities for change over process optimization. Ensure full compliance with local legislation, company policies and practices and the IMS. Adhere to all Quality, Environment, and Health, Safety, and Security (QEHS&S) rules, policies and practices by applying and ensuring workplace and other employee in compliance with norms by local regulation.
• Build the capability of team on process failures technical troubleshooting and mastery of process transformation through coaching and delivering on the job training.
Ensure the completion of the established training plan.
• Leading change management processes including benchmarking and reapplication activities across appropriate production lines, business units and factory.
• Ensure full compliance with local legislation, company policies and practices and the IMS. Adhere to all Quality, Environment, and Health, Safety, and Security (QEHS&S) rules, policies and practices by applying and ensuring workplace and other employee in compliance with norms by local regulation. As the incident elimination DMS owner, he/she has to review safety incident investigations to ensure the corrective actions are in place. Execute weekly DMSs health checks to identify gaps and constraints in the organization and implement appropriate countermeasures accordingly.
Requirements & Skills:
• University degree in Engineering, Sciences or equivalent.
• 3 years of professional experience in Manufacturing and previous experience or exposure to people coordination / management activities.
• Strong project management experience. Formal education in PMPM is a plus.
• Knowledge in MS Office Package.
• Strong communication, negotiation, ability to coach, teamwork and intercultural competence. Action orientation, analytical thinking, priority setting and strong drive for results.
• Fluent in English and Italian both written and spoken.
Grade level from: 7-8
Recruiter: Rita Gherardi
Employment Type: Temporary contract (1year)
WHAT WE OFFER
Our company offers you a new and fresh scientific perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering:
competitive wage conditions and the chance at potentially unlimited growth, thanks to performance monitoring systems that merge the talents of persons with their professional aspirations and allow for a constant growth of different proficiencies.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
We are a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the United States of America. We are building our future on smoke-free products that are a much better consumer choice than continuing to smoke cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, we aim to ensure that our smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. Our vision is that these products ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adult smokers, society, our company and our shareholders. For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna is Philip Morris International's first center for personnel training and prototyping, industrialization, and large-scale production of potentially reduced risk products (RRPs).