Over the past three years, Philip Morris International (PMI) has made a dramatic pivot away from the marketing and sales of combustible cigarettes, and moved towards its Reduced-Risk Product (RRP) portfolio, focusing on its flagship product, IQOS. This product is PMI’s step forward to creating a “smoke-free future” for legal age consumers who continue to enjoy tobacco, but are seeking smoke-free alternatives. All of this has been accompanied by an organization-wide transformation in ways of working, culture and strategy.
You will join a highly dynamic and rapidly evolving environment in a role which requires great agility, ability to deal with ambiguity, drive, curiosity and entrepreneurial-spirit.
• Assist and collaborate in the preparation of PMI’s executive compensation and benefits disclosure and reporting requirements, prepare material for the Compensation Discussion and Analysis (CD&A) and other relevant section of the Proxy, providing accurate data and information in accordance with the applicable laws as well as SEC, NYSE and other standards.
• Support the Head of Executive Compensation by providing meaningful analysis for the periodic Compensation & Leadership Development Committee meetings (Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors)
• Work with relevant external advisors and consultants; review all elements of executive compensation and benefits ensuring PMI’s competitiveness against our peer group and other benchmarks, in line with our market positioning and compensation philosophy, making recommendations for changes where appropriate for necessary reviews and approval.
• Participate in information-sharing networks with peer companies, consultants and other relevant organizations, and conduct ad-hoc surveys in the area of Executive Compensation. Provide subject matter expertise in the domain of Executive Compensation, ensuring the Total Rewards team has up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of external benchmarks and best practices including Say on Pay and Proxy Advisor views. Manage specific projects in the area of (Executive) Compensation and/or participate in special projects (such as analysis on variable plan changes, impact assessments, equity plan design etc.), as required by management.
• Lead or participate in cross-functional projects
• University degree in Human Resources, Business/Economics, Law or other related fields. Diploma in Compensation & Benefits field is an asset such as CECP (and CCP / GRP) a plus.
• Proven experience in Executive Compensation in either a corporation or in a boutique executive consultancy firm a must.
• Track record in supporting large-scale organizational transformation
• Advanced user of software (MS Office, SAP).
• SEC Regulations and similar legislation in relevant markets.
• Knowledge of Say on Pay Proxy Advisor methodology, ability to analyze and project recommendations
• Superior communication skills, both written and oral
• Ability to work independently and in teams (including remotely)
You should be legally authorized to work in the US in order to apply for this role.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Here are 3 reasons to work for PMI:
1. We’re international: Our global workforce of more than 82,000 is one of our greatest strengths and our employees speak more than 80 languages
2. We’re flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible Work Arrangement Program; and
3. We’re a certified top employer: This position will advance your experience with innovative technologies, services, and processes. Backed by an attractive salary and compensation package, you will work in a professional setting with clients and team members from all over the world.
Philip Morris International: Delivering a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI’s smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heat-not-burn and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of June 30, 2019, PMI estimates that approximately 8.0 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heat-not-burn product, available for sale in 48 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, please visit www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.
PMI is an equal-opportunity employer.