Strategy & Program Delivery Manager (Human Resources)
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders.
Over 6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets under the IQOS brand.
Transforming the industry also entails a major transformation in our business model and organization, increased complexity, new approaches and disciplines, and continuous new strategic questions to tackle. This creates a unique and dynamic environment for the management of the business, requiring intensive support from the Strategy & Program Delivery function. This is an opportunity to be part of the one of the biggest transformations in the history of consumer products and join the drive towards a smoke-free future.
The Strategy & Program Delivery (S&PD) team supports PMI management in developing, prioritizing and executing the most critical strategic initiatives in achieving PMI’s smoke free vision in a hands-on way. It does this by working with management to develop and continually refresh PMI’s corporate strategy and long range plans in a fast-changing market.
As Strategy & Program Delivery Manager you will collaborate with our business leaders to create and deploy corporate initiatives across the global HR function from strategy to implementation. This highly visible position will give you the opportunity to be exposed to different leaders and stakeholders across the whole of the business. The scope of the role means that this is a tremendous growth and development opportunity for the right candidate.
In this role, you will focus on:
• Translating strategic priorities into key initiatives and supporting the establishment of a rigorous project and portfolio management approach
• Working with the HR management team to define key programs and prioritize projects to deliver the strategy
• Supporting project managers to create and maintain project charters, milestone plans, benefit cases, value realization plans and interdependencies between functions and deliverables
• Establishing management team meeting calendars and cadence to assess projects and make proposals to stop, start, continue
• Assessing requests for changes to project scope and resources (e.g. funds) and recommending decisions to the management team
• Coordinating with different stakeholders to table the appropriate topics for discussion and decision making
• Ensuring effective notes, meeting timings, logistics and follow-up with involved stakeholders
• Raising major project risks and issues to the management team e.g. delay to key milestones
• Advising project teams on good practices and building project management capability
• Bachelor’s degree holder at minimum; Masters or MBA preferred
• Experience in international environments with proven career growth in a strategy or HR strategy functions – experience in consulting firms preferred, in-house corporate experience vital
• Consistent track record in leading strategic projects from conceptualization to delivery and results
• Low ego, highly collaborative and agile, adept at leading internal and external key stakeholders; able to motivate change in the organization
• Outstanding strategic thinking, problem solving and analytics capability
• International experience, cultural openness and high command of English are essential with further language capabilities being a plus
Philip Morris International: Delivering a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heat-not-burn and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of March 31, 2019, PMI estimates that approximately 7.3 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heat-not-burn product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, please visit www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.
PMI is an equal-opportunity employer.