Internal Control Auditor
• Purpose of the Job
Assess control environment surrounding the different company processes while executing and leading audit reviews to identify improvement areas and propose feasible action plans for increasing effectiveness and efficiency of company processes. Additionally, provide support to local projects / initiatives to guarantee their completion and so, the achievement of company's objectives.
1. Perform a risk assessment to identify the processes that will be part of the audit review. Fully understand, map and identify risks along the processes. Propose a preliminary audit scope for the scheduled reviews, based on the principles, local standards and processes mapping available.
2. Test, analyze, and identify through audit reviews the effectiveness and efficiency of controls applied to different process within the organization. Identify compliance with local and global PMI Principles and Practices and government regulations and GAAP (US, MEX), if applicable. Validate proper segregation of duties and adequate access restrictions when applicable. Define conclusions regarding the efficiency of controls, segregation of duties, compliance of policies from reviewed process. Prepare suggested action plans to improve control environment and / or to correct any deviation.
3. Organize and lead interviews with users for gathering information and presenting (status update presentation) preliminary findings and recommendations to audited areas as well as to Finance Management.
1. Junior role (1 to 2 years financial experience)
2. Through public accounting/auditing (Big 4 a plus) and/or industry experience
3. The Auditor must be experienced with US and local GAAP and Internal Audit Standards