Corporate Senior Auditor
We’ve built the world’s most successful cigarette company, with the world’s most popular and iconic brands. Now we’ve made a dramatic decision. We will be far more than a leading cigarette company. We’re building PMI’s future on smoke-free products that are a much better choice than cigarette smoking.
Be part of the biggest transformation in the history of our company.
We have an opportunity for a Corporate Senior Auditor.
Our transformation is not only changing what we are like on the inside – it’s about building a working environment that is more agile, more engaged with our customers, and more open to suppliers and external talent, partners, networks and communities.
You will experience the broad spectrum of PMI markets and business cycles, across a wide variety of cultural environments. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic organization delivering the highest quality audit services and providing high-level talent for future development in the group.
Corporate Audit at PMI operates across all markets and business functions for both our conventional and RRP. You will experience different cultural aspects as you gain a perspective of the entire company and its business processes.
Corporate Audit is an independent function within PMI providing senior management and the board of directors with oversight and governance over PMI global operations.
Senior Corporate auditors are part of a global audit function based in 8 PMI locations, responsible for executing audits across PMI businesses worldwide. Senior Auditors also perform fit gap analysis and risk assessments over key business activities while establishing and maintaining risk-based audit programs.
Our audit teams are dealing with issues that are fundamentally important to the survival and prosperity of our organization. They look beyond financial risks to consider broader issues such as the organization’s reputation, growth, its impact on the environment and the way it treats its employees. Senior Auditors also assess how well company systems and processes are designed to keep the organization on track but also helping to improve those systems and processes where necessary.
Senior auditors are tasked with the additional responsibilities of supporting the Senior Audit Managers in managing the day to day activities of audit teams, preparing audit reports, participating in the enterprise risk assessment, and contributing to the development of auditors as they execute audit activities across PMI. They also participate in departmental projects and initiatives to contribute to the overall improvement and development of audit practices.
The ideal candidate will have multiple years of experience, post-graduation – both within external (preferably Big Four) and internal audit at multinational organizations (preferably in the FMCG or pharmaceuticals environment).
You have a flexible team orientated mindset, with a creative approach and ability to think out of the box while proactively identifying and driving opportunities to improve our department and ways of auditing.
You demonstrate a high degree of flexibility and enthusiasm to travel on short notice for different durations (around 60% of the time).
You demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspiring collaboration and communication within assigned audit teams.
You keep aware of and ensure the highest standards of quality for all audit deliverables during engagements.
You use technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of audit deliverables and services.
You are comfortable in communicating audit results and discussing the implications of audit findings and action plans with the different audit stakeholders at different management levels within the organization.
• You will execute assigned audit procedures in line with Corporate Audit standards within agreed budget and timelines; you will take part in audits involving the introduction and testing of long-term concepts for internal control systems (ICS), including SOX 404 requirements;
• You will be responsible for identifying and assessing financial, reputational, and operational risks in all areas of our business;
• You will use your analytical, technical and project management skills to assess and test the effectiveness of the company’s control environment;
• You will assess audit results, evaluate findings and interact and communicate the results of your work to management at local and PMI levels;
• You will coordinate the development and execution of your team’s audit activities in line with the related audit scope and timeline, and act as the single point of contact during audit fieldwork;
• You will ensure the overall quality of audit deliverables.
Skills & experience:
• Proven experience in both external (preferably Big Four) and internal audit within multinational organizations (preferably in the FMCG or pharmaceuticals environment);
• Bachelor's or Master's degree (university/technical College) in a business or finance related degree;
• Professional certifications (CIA, CPA, ACCA or similar) are preferred;
• Knowledge of SAP R/3 software;
• Experience of data analytics across the entire audit life cycle enabling a sharper focus on risk areas and business issues, as well as generating efficiencies;
• Fluent English in writing and speaking (Business Language), other language skills are advantageous;
• Structured approach and mindset to lead a successful audit - demonstrable proactivity to understand scope, manage various stakeholders, plan and schedule tasks, and adhere to strict deadlines;
• Ability to research, define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions based on risks/facts;
• Demonstrated experience in defining KPI’s and detailed work plans for audits with a focus on high quality deliverables;
• Ability to communicate results in an intelligible and structured manner;
• Experience in managing projects and teams, ability to create an environment of trust, soliciting diverse views from team members and coaching and developing staff through timely meaningful feedback;
• Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment with increased initiative to manage multiple competing tasks;
• Great team player with ability to work independently;
• Maintain independence and objectivity in line with the IIA standards;
• Proven experience in process improvement, process mining and audit experience along with machine learning techniques is an advantage ;
• High degree of flexibility and enthusiasm to travel internationally on short notice for different durations (around 60% of the time).
Philip Morris International: Delivering a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI’s smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heat-not-burn and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of June 30, 2019, PMI estimates that approximately 8.0 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heat-not-burn product, available for sale in 48 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, please visit www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.