Are you passionate about PMI’s future, its culture change being the success driver for the transformation and experiences people go through every day in PMI? Do you look for ways to grow in your job?
If you want to challenge yourself, working in a dynamic & international environment, then apply now! We are currently looking for a:
PMI has always been a leading company in the sector, but the time of transformation we are currently experiencing is quite exciting and is unprecedented. We are facing one of the greatest transformations in the history of fast-moving consumer goods, and the creation of a vision of a smoke-free future requires enormous courage, resourcefulness and motivation.
As Process Engineer you will be part of our Manufacturing Department for Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna S.p.A.. and will be reporting to the Manager Technical Services Secondary. The position will be based in Bologna.
In your role, you will ensure that processes and machinery standards are sustainable, correctly defined and properly documented.
A key responsibility will be identify missing links in the process and to address the gaps interacting with the appropriate figures in the manufacturing organization to ensure the solution is addressed.
In this position, you will also act as the SME for one defined technology and be the contact person for the Global CoE teams and analyze, propose actions for key performance indicators related problems in order to maintain process at the optimum level.
Finally, you will work together with the technical staff within the area in order to fill the identified skills gap and develop the adequate technical expertise providing guidance to production and maintenance in order to improve their working practices and procedures.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Ensure that the processes fulfill the requirements, through the development of instructions/procedures and provides adequate action plans, in case the controlled parameters are not within the limits.
• Act as Key system user for production related to Information System and develop instruction for utilizing the information systems in production, train employees and ensures that they have the necessary knowledge for using the functions of these systems.
• Be an expert and support the production and supporting teams for all queries related to the product / process / systems used in production. Manage the technical / scientific knowledge related to his production area (Product & Process & Systems) in order to consistently support the floor and maintain a high level of expertise. Create and develop supporting documentation to simplify the transfer knowledge and facilitate production data management.
• Provide support to the production team and ensure that the documentation used during the production is managed according to the QMS. Create / review documents that covers production processes under his responsibility (i.e. : process flow diagram, process risk assessment, process control points,..) and provide training. Act as SME and provide support during internal and/or external audits. Ensure the follow up of actions identified in his area of intervention. Support/Investigate in a timely manner non-conformities and trends. Liaise with concerned parties to find out the root cause and take relevant preventives/correctives actions. Ensure a proper follow up and reporting of open actions.
• Participate in establishing Manufacturing Assumptions and objectives setting. Maintain controllable cost in line with budget and propose action in order to decrease the process waste/losses.
• Provide coaching, counseling and guidance to the production staff and less experienced peers by sharing technical expertise and knowledge on a frequent basis. • Identify training needs and provide training programs to ensure a successful knowledge transfer and ensure the compliance in terms of requirements and support for current and long-term facility / departmental objectives achievements.
• Support innovation projects and the development of concepts for product and process enhancements, technical alternatives by identifying, proposing and leading improvement opportunities in order to focus on security, quality, excellence and productivity goals of a manufacturing center. • Evaluate the execution in term of cost, time and risks. • Analyze trends in terms of relation between batch control parameters and machine performance in order to evaluate improvement opportunities. • Summarize data/report in order to transfer the knowledge to peers.
• Promote and apply all rules concerning PMI Quality, environment, health and safety. Report all situations requiring actions in order to minimize or eliminate risks exposure to personnel, company assets and societal impacts and be in line with or ahead of any applicable Law requirements and Company standards.
Requirements & Skills:
• University degree in Engineering/Technical areas.
• 2-5 years’ experience in Tobacco industry or similar industry, ideally in the area of production, quality, lean manufacturing.
• Effective coaching and communication skills
• High level of personal responsibility and accountability for results.
• Fluent in English and Italian both written and spoken
Grade level from: 7-9
Recruiter: Larissa Hirata
Employment Type: Local to local
Relocation package offered
WHAT WE OFFER
Our company offers you a new and fresh scientific perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering:
competitive wage conditions and the chance at potentially unlimited growth, thanks to performance monitoring systems that merge the talents of persons with their professional aspirations and allow for a constant growth of different proficiencies.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
We are a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the United States of America. We are building our future on smoke-free products that are a much better consumer choice than continuing to smoke cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, we aim to ensure that our smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. Our vision is that these products ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adult smokers, society, our company and our shareholders. For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna is Philip Morris International's first center for personnel training and prototyping, industrialization, and large-scale production of potentially reduced risk products (RRPs).