Are you passionate about PMI’s future, its culture change being the success driver for the transformation and experiences people go through every day in PMI? Do you look for ways to grow in your job?
If you want to challenge yourself, working in a dynamic & international environment, then apply now! We are currently looking for a:
MANUFACTURING QUALITY TECHNICIAN
PMI has always been a leading company in the sector, but the time of transformation we are currently experiencing is quite exciting and is unprecedented. We are facing one of the greatest transformations in the history of fast-moving consumer goods, and the creation of a vision of a smoke-free future requires enormous courage, resourcefulness and motivation.
As Manufacturing Quality Technician you will be part of our Quality department for Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna S.p.A.. and will be reporting to the Team Leader Manufacturing QA. The position will be based in Bologna.
In your role, you will ensure timely support to manufacturing team during production and ensure all relevant standard are respected along manufacturing process.
You will also coordinate samples testing and schedule between production and Lab to support the product delivery on time, and ensure that intermediate and finished product non-conformities are managed and related corrective & preventive actions held.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support production teams by providing Quality guidance and support in case of issues. Share/transfer knowledge and expertise. Train the floor on Quality practices/procedures and ensure the operational staff remains up to date with our Quality requirements. For RRP products : Coordinate the availability and testing of samples according to the sampling plan and the control strategy.
- Provide support to the production team and ensure that the documentation is managed according to the QMS. For RRP products : Ensure the availability of Batch Control before the production in a timely manner. Perform the Quality review of batch records and batch controls by reviewing the accuracy and integrity of data.
- Investigate in a timely manner non-conformities and deviation. Investigate and resolve critical deviations, contribute to define disposal actions and when appropriate corrective actions. Based on recommendation from concerned stakeholders, participate to the decision of releasing/destroying the non-conform products blocked due to quality issues and monitor the related costs.
- Propose and follow-up quality improvement ideas in production or other processes in Operations. Analyze the information and participate in small projects with influence on product quality.
- Manage the retention, the storage and destruction of finished product samples. Keep the retention file up to date.
- Communicate all useful information for the good flow of Quality processes to concerned colleagues and to support teams in order to meet productivity and quality.
- Participate to the creation/review of procedures, work instructions and others Quality Documents that are required. Provide support and training according to the training management system.
- Promote and apply all rules concerning PMI Quality, environment, health and safety. Report all situations requiring actions in order to minimize or eliminate risks exposure to personnel, company assets and societal impacts and be in line with or ahead of any applicable Law requirements and Company standards.
Requirements & Skills:
- University/Professional Technical School or equivalent skills through demonstrated experience
- At least 2 years of experience in industrial field (experience in Quality is a plus)
- Knowledge of relevant standards (ISO). Advanced knowledge on Quality tools, root cause analysis, analytical skills, statistical tool knowledge. Ability to transform data into information (reporting skills).
- Ability to learn quickly, interact with teams and colleagues, and to act quickly to solve problems both individually and in team
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
Grade level from: 4 - 6
Recruiter: Rita Gherardi
Contract Type: temporary (1 year)
WHAT WE OFFER
Our company offers you a new and fresh scientific perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering:
competitive wage conditions and the chance at potentially unlimited growth, thanks to performance monitoring systems that merge the talents of persons with their professional aspirations and allow for a constant growth of different proficiencies.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
We are a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the United States of America. We are building our future on smoke-free products that are a much better consumer choice than continuing to smoke cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, we aim to ensure that our smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. Our vision is that these products ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adult smokers, society, our company and our shareholders. For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna is Philip Morris International's first center for personnel training and prototyping, industrialization, and large-scale production of potentially reduced risk products (RRPs).