Are you adept at using big data to find opportunities for process optimization? Are you familiar with using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action? If so, then we can have a conversation.
Our Finance Service Center Asia is looking for a qualified Data Scientist who can support our teams with insights gained from analyzing company data.
You can contribute to us with your strong experience in utilizing a variety of data mining/data analysis methods and data tools, in building and implementing models, creating algorithms, and running simulations. You should be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and have a validated ability to make things happen with data-based insights. You would be valued for your real passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets.
• Work with partners throughout the organization to see opportunities for using company data to drive business solutions.
• Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
• Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
• Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
• Use machine learning model to do descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis in order to support business team to drive optimization of the business processes.
• Oversee different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
• Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
Skills & Experiences:
• Minimum Bachelor degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field.
• Have a minimum of 2 year professional experience in data scientist field.
• Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
• Good knowledge of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
• Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Tableau, Power BI, etc. would be an advantage.
• Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, anomaly detection, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
• High proficiency in English, both written and verbal.
• Have strong analytical skill with an emphasis on product development.
• Excellent written and verbal social skills for coordinating across teams.
• Have a commitment to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
FIND A NEW PATH
Our company offers you a fresh perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering new insights. We take on-the-job learning to another level, giving you every opportunity to develop your career and reach your full personal potential. This position will advance your experience with innovative technologies, services, and processes. Backed by a competitive salary and compensation package, you will work in a professional setting with clients and team members from all parts of the world.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
Sampoerna is one of the leading tobacco companies in Indonesia. We are an affiliate of Phillip Morris International (“PMI”). PMI is the leading international tobacco company, with seven of the world’s top 15 brands, including the number one cigarette brand worldwide. PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, for more information, see www.pmi.com. Sampoerna and its subsidiaries employed approximately 29.600 employees.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status.
Are you up to the challenge? What are you waiting for? Apply today!