Are you passionate about PMI’s future, its culture change being the success driver for the transformation and experiences people go through every day in PMI? Do you look for ways to grow in your job?
If you want to challenge yourself, working in a dynamic & international environment, then apply now! We are currently looking for a:
Manager Manufacturing Sustainability
PMI has always been a leading company in the sector, but the time of transformation we are currently experiencing is quite exciting and is unprecedented. We are facing one of the greatest transformations in the history of fast-moving consumer goods, and the creation of a vision of a smoke-free future requires enormous courage, resourcefulness and motivation.
As Manager Manufacturing Sustainability, you will be part of Manufacturing Sustainability department for Philip Morris International and will be reporting to the Head of Environment & Occupational Sustainability. The position will be based in Crespellano, BO.
A key responsibility will be support the development and lead implementation of Global Manufacturing activities related to Environmental Sustainability practices and projects coordination across PMI Manufacturing. In this role, you will also develop capabilities and EHS management systems to identify, assess and control environmental aspects and impacts.
You will promote the environmental culture and the integration of environmental protection in the IOS and the framework of OPEN+ globally and promote and sustain a zero loss culture and environmental sustainability in the areas of energy, water, waste and GHG emissions. Support the creation of reports for mandatory and voluntarily reporting schemes (e.g. DJSI, CDP).
The Manager Manufacturing Sustainability will be responsible regionally to contribute to the delivery of global manufacturing sustainability agenda, programs and initiatives through engagement in the region/cluster and factories. Provide capabilities, clear direction and communications on programs, to ensure the success, visibility and effectiveness of the EHS programs.
Finally, you will ensure that PMI principles, standards and procedures for EHS are fully embedded and support the implementation of OPEN+ Sustainability Pillar in the respective area of competence with special focus on environmental protection and loss elimination.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Global: Lead the delivery of global EHS programs in the frame of Global certification of ISO14001, ISO 45001, EHS data and reporting systems, Energy Management Programs. Develop and upgrade PMI Global Technical Environmental standards and guidelines, ensure related capabilities are met, and lead standards application.
• Regional: Support Region/Cluster and Local manufacturing management to achieve EHS goals, and targets related to key performance indicators and to continuously improve EHS performance ensuring compliance/consistency with global EHS policy, standards, systems and core values. Coach the regional EHS staff to continuously improve performance and sustain the knowhow, during visits, audits and remotely.
CUSTOMER SERVICE & PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT
• Global: Provide environmental information, tools and support based on analysis, trends, regulations, guidelines, best practices and global policies to help manufacturing affiliates to improve their performance. Identify and highlight potential environmental impacts/aspects/exposures to management ensuring that qualitative analysis of the risk management plan is prepared and implemented. Identify and solve environmental technical issues at PMI level, communicate learning's and best practices. Support in the execution of strategic environmental projects.
• Region: Coordinate and perform functional assessments and audits on EHS at regions/clusters and affiliates. Monitor KPIs and take actions to recover performance when needed.
MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS AND STANDARDS
• Global: In collaboration with Operation Centers (OC), regional EHS leads and affiliates, benchmark, develop, propose and update internal PMI Environmental standards to reference level.
• Regional: Support the implementation of the PMI EHS management system and associated guidance, based on company EHS Principles and practices. Facilitate continual improvement, by establishing a proactive loss prevention program including risk management (identification, assessment, and control), inspections, audits, and emergency planning, and ensuring that measures are implemented and monitored, in order to eliminate or reduce health, safety and environmental risks to an acceptable level.
COMMUNICATION & NETWORKING
• Ensure accurate communication and sharing of best practices between OC, regions/clusters, manufacturing EHS, and develop the cooperation between internal stakeholders including Operations Planning, and Manufacturing Solutions, to align and improve the total quality of EHS sub functions.
• Global: Contribute to building the organizational and individual technical environmental capability of the EHS function in the OC, regions/clusters, and factories, by
o identifying gaps, propose and implement agreed improvement/developmental actions
o Implement, sharing tools among the regions and EHS managers' community, to ensure functional professionalism and to improve alignment and effectiveness of actions.
o Development and deployment of Global programs and training, in order to foster and enhance EHS culture, in an holistic approach, that contributes to the achievement of overall PMI EHS objectives.
o Definition and implementation of global strategies and campaigns, to enhance environmental and occupational health awareness. Encourage the commitment of all employees to the EHS principles of protecting people from harm, the environment from damage and the business from preventable losses.
o Participate in Energy and Water saving audit
• Regional: Support the affiliates in the selection process of new hires, on boarding and coaching.
EXTERNAL AFFAIRS AND REGULATORY COMPLIANCE
• Global: Identify emerging environmental and occupational regulations that may affect our operations, in cooperation with the regions, Corporate Affairs and Law, to ensure impact analysis, secure respective follow up and to obtain necessary certifications and licenses for the local manufacturing affiliates.
• Regional: Monitor the European Legislative environment to identify new regulations that might affect our operations site and identify opportunity to increase the impact having access to local subsidies and trends anticipation. Leverage on the common European Legislative landscape to increase the synergy amongst the affiliates located in Europe.
PERFORMANCE AND REPORTING
• Global: Ensure timely implementation of incident and data reporting requirements, investigation, analysis, and corrective actions, in order to deliver management reporting and support EHS performance improvement within the function. Act and react on performance management and in case of performance degradation.
• Regional: Monitor and guide the affiliates in order to ensure data integrity and timely reporting of the data. Act and react on performance management and in case of performance degradation.
SMOKE FREE FUTURE
• Identify fields of contribution from Manufacturing to PMIs Sustainability goals within and beyond Operations. Act as EHS Subject Matter Expert for PMI Sustainability function and for Market organizations and motivate local EHS departments to exploit and utilize their local opportunities for contribution.
Requirements & Skills:
• More than 6 years’ work experience with at least 4 years in EHS management in an operations or equivalent complexity work environment.
• Experience in leading environmental projects and energy audits. Relevant leadership experience at factory level or similar.
• Interpersonal skills: customer oriented, change driver, ability to collaborate with wide range of stakeholders and audience levels and diversity, agile, force of proposal, fast learner, and perseverance.
• PC Skills: Microsoft office, Word, Excel, Power point, Knowledge Management Platforms, Collaboration Spaces.
• Others: ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001, ISO 50001 regulatory compliance. Change Management and internal consulting skills. Professional qualification as Safety professional (either NEBOSH or local certification system).
• Fluent in English written and spoken
Grade level from: 12-13
Recruiter: Larissa Hirata
Relocation package offered
WHAT WE OFFER
Our company offers you a new and fresh scientific perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering:
competitive wage conditions and the chance at potentially unlimited growth, thanks to performance monitoring systems that merge the talents of persons with their professional aspirations and allow for a constant growth of different proficiencies.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
We are a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the United States of America. We are building our future on smoke-free products that are a much better consumer choice than continuing to smoke cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, we aim to ensure that our smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. Our vision is that these products ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adult smokers, society, our company and our shareholders. For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna is Philip Morris International's first center for personnel training and prototyping, industrialization, and large-scale production of potentially reduced risk products (RRPs).