Sr Product Research Scientist – Neuchatel, Switzerland
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
It’s so rare in R&D that everything aligns to create the ideal conditions for outstanding work. Right now, at PMI, that’s exactly what’s happening. R&D is the driving force for our bold new vision: to replace cigarettes with a revolutionary portfolio of alternative products.
Join us and you’ll have the resources, support and technology you need to break new ground and see ideas come to life. You’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest scientists in their fields, with fast access to subject experts and commercial decision-makers.
If you’re creative, courageous and ready to take risks, you can make a huge impact and propel your career in an endless number of directions. Ultimately, by delivering our smoke-free future, your work could change the lives of a billion smokers.
Your ‘day to day’
As a Sr Product Research Scientist, you'll be assessing the scientific and technological requirements of materials for applications in our Reduced Risk Products, developing proof of concept and feasibility studies, and providing technical recommendations to the management team.
Apart from these, you'll have to identify internal and external resources, develop scope and schedule of research projects or research contracts, define resources requirements and handle project progression and reporting.
Furthermore, you'll be crafting and designing creative prototypes and testing procedures to evaluate the functionalities of new materials or for new applications. You'll also be reviewing the latest technology trends in material science and related fields, and identifying the opportunities for adaptation and further development.
Who we’re looking for
• Master’s or PhD in Material Science, Chemistry or any relevant field
• Meaningful experience in the related R&D areas
• Background in the creative process for scientific research and early-stage product development
• Affinity to multidisciplinary teamwork and research contract management
• Project management skills and good knowledge of research and scientific approaches
• Prior knowledge and experience in organic and bio-based materials is an asset
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and fluency in English
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
As with many countries, Switzerland has immigration restrictions which will impact the possibility for non-nationals to work in the country. Profiles required for this position may not being specific enough to justify the recruitment of a person outside of Switzerland or countries having agreed upon free movement with Switzerland, please note that in this case a valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25 EFTA citizenship is required to apply for this position.