Asset Management Engineer – Neuchatel, Switzerland
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
It’s so rare in R&D that everything aligns to create the ideal conditions for outstanding work. Right now, at PMI, that’s exactly what’s happening. R&D is the driving force for our bold new vision: to replace cigarettes with a revolutionary portfolio of alternative products.
Join us and you’ll have the resources, support and technology you need to break new ground and see ideas come to life. You’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest scientists in their fields, with fast access to subject experts and commercial decision-makers.
If you’re creative, courageous and ready to take risks, you can make a huge impact and propel your career in an endless number of directions. Ultimately, by delivering our smoke-free future, your work could change the lives of a billion smokers.
Your ‘day to day’
As an Asset Management Engineer, you'll lead and coordinate the following activities to support Testing Laboratories & Governance department:
- Handle the asset inventory management, contract maintenance, Capital Expenditure projects and the related operational budget
- Follow-up on instrument qualification and related maintenance/qualification planning to ensure full compliance of the instruments with the quality systems in place (ISO 17025 and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP))
- Plan and coordinate maintenance tasks with external suppliers and internal partners to achieve maximum availability and reliability of laboratory equipment, contributing to a continuous improvement culture
- Analyze, monitor and control specific KPIs and data in scope related to process stability, identification of gaps, improvement potential and improvement trends
Who we're looking for
- Degree in Engineering, Science, Business or any relative field
- Substantial experience in a laboratory accredited environment (ISO 17025 and GLP)
- Meaningful experience in the area of analytical chemistry or tobacco industry
- Affinity to quality systems and database management (LIMS) and demonstrated experience in project management
- Strong problem solving skills and expertise in multitasking and prioritization
- Action oriented, able to deal with ambiguity
- Sound communicator, a good listener, a great teammate, a relationship builder
- Proficiency in English and French, both verbal and written
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
- Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
- Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
- Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
- Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
As with many countries, Switzerland has immigration restrictions which will impact the possibility for non-nationals to work in the country. Profiles required for this position may not being specific enough to justify the recruitment of a person outside of Switzerland or countries having agreed upon free movement with Switzerland, please note that in this case a valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25 EFTA citizenship is required to apply for this position.