PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Enhance PM's credibility and reputation through external communications tools and platforms, KOL and media contacts to ensure the public and key stakeholders have correct understanding of PMI's position. The position requires a sound understanding of issues management including emerging regulatory and fiscal issues and developments. Represent the company at designated meetings with external stakeholders, primarily with the media, charity organizations and public agencies.
• Being fully aware of specific and general industry and PM issues
and corporate positions on these matters. Attend industry, trade
and other related meetings to build advocacy and also stay abreast of
policy debates and trends
• Create awareness on PMI’s corporate image and its
scope of activities and feed in positive stories on a continuous
basis; identify opportunities to drive presence in media
Develop strategies to manage issues and crisis; proactively engage
relevant stakeholders to manage reputational risks
• Plan and generate resources including, audio visual content to drive PM’s positions
mainly in print press and electronic media. Organize briefings,
background information sessions, field visits, meetings, and press conferences.
Develop locally tailored arguments on major issues, aimed at designated target groups and
communicate them exclusively and effectively.
• Develop and implement a systematic plan to widen communications
network, maintain and further enhance PM’s relations with the
printed and electronic media. Enhance media monitoring capability
to establish and early warning system in order to drive a proactive approach
• Track on a monthly basis the media coverage on PM and the industry
issues to identify trends in the public opinion, accordingly develop
and implement a monthly “key journalist call plan” to enhance more
balanced and positive reporting on PM. Establish strict KPI based
measurement system to build a highly effective and performance driven team
• Develop, plan and implement engagement activities for tobacco related interest
groups (tobacco growers, wholesale trade and retailers) to enlist
their support for industry issues in line with PM objectives, laws and policies
• Assist Comms Director to maintain and further enhance contacts with
business groups and effectively communicate PM’s position on major
• Develop communication materials and briefs on major issues, liaise with
relevant teams locally and globally to ensure full compliance and alignment.
Ensure localized, tailored and customized messages are disseminated to
designated target groups exclusively and effectively.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Minimum 9 to 10 years communcations experience in Media / PR / Corporate Affairs