Purpose on the Job
Manage assigned categories and direct reports acting as a leader and a point of reference. Leverage business acumen to provide strategic thinking to assure, protect and create value to PMI. Provide overall strategic guidance and direction for the team assigned, leading and developing an adaptable and agile Procurement organization to deliver optimum mix 'product availability-quality-service level-price'.
• Meet regularly with senior stakeholders to achieve early involvement in Business’ strategy definition in order to influence key decisions and improve resource allocations.
• Align local, regional, cluster and global sourcing plans and influence internal stakeholders to deploy global or regional initiatives locally.
Industry, Market and Supplier Strategy
• Capitalize on solid industry and category knowledge and perform regular benchmarks to anticipate Business needs and translate them into sourcing strategies.
• Connect with the outside world and facilitate innovation by applying a solid framework with suppliers.
Procurement Sourcing Plans
• Translate Business requirements into actionable plans. Capture potential long term opportunities and address risks. Contribute to PMI’s regional and local strategy definition and include global and regional sourcing strategies in local plans.
Negotiation & Partnership
• Master negotiation tools and styles to drive business needs and proactively build levers. Coordinate and steer critical negotiations and lead complex ones. Anticipate results and align with stakeholders on possible negotiation outcomes.
• Establish cross-functional cooperation to implement value added initiatives that reduce waste and increase efficiency, such as offshoring, outsourcing, demand management, internal process efficiency.
Contractual Framework Promotion
• Master legal templates to encompass local legislative requirements, Business’ needs, IP rights, company protection and exclusivity clauses. Advise colleagues and internal stakeholders on the impact of relevant clauses for contracting.
• For non-critical services or goods, correctly balance the usage of customized contractual frameworks versus Purchase Orders to meet Company objectives of speed and time-to-market.
Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
• Segment the supply base and establish different types of supplier relationships based on defined criteria. Define governance and escalation models to manage those relationships. Link supplier capabilities and local business and procurement objectives. Work with key suppliers on value creation and risk reduction initiatives.
Procurement model & Compliance
• Master Procure-to-Pay process: understand how different functional processes interact with each other and recommend relevant improvements; put in place key control measures and relevant KPI's to assure Procurement process compliance and efficiency at market/cluster level.
• Encourage a Lean way of working and ensure effective transfer of non-core procurement sourcing processes to SSC.
• Improve the team’s performance by setting clear objectives, reviewing achievements, assessing training needs and providing development opportunities.
• Ensure an effective & efficient integration and engagement with remote teams or colleagues from SSC Procurement Krakow.
• Manage effectively remote teams.
Technical Functional Skills
• Risk Mgmt.: long term strategies
• KPIs: Analysis and interpretation
• Make or Buy: strategy definition
• Screening & Analysis: focus on key strategic suppliers
• Complex negotiation lead
• SRM: focus on Key strategic suppliers
Category & Spend Management:
• TCO: optimization analysis
Legal & Compliance:
• Creation, execution & monitoring of complex agreements
• Assurance strategy complies with market standards and regulations
• Implementation of Procurement procedures
Processes & Systems:
• P2P: application and optimization
• Supply Chain: good understanding of business implications of main processes & sub-processes
• Inventory Mgmt.: good knowledge of metrics & parameters
• Applications: good knowledge
• Minimum 6 years’ experience in procurement at a strategic level, preferably across categories. Alternatively, within PMI, Key Account, Trade or sales at management level
• Exposure to a multinational environment, preferably within a FMCG company
• Exposure to people management of 4 years or more