Manager Electronic Development – Neuchatel, Switzerland
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
It’s so rare in R&D that everything aligns to create the ideal conditions for outstanding work. Right now, at PMI, that’s exactly what’s happening. R&D is the driving force for our bold new vision: to replace cigarettes with a revolutionary portfolio of alternative products.
Join us and you’ll have the resources, support and technology you need to break new ground and see ideas come to life. You’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest scientists in their fields, with fast access to subject experts and commercial decision-makers.
If you’re creative, courageous and ready to take risks, you can make a huge impact and propel your career in an endless number of directions. Ultimately, by delivering our smoke-free future, your work could change the lives of a billion smokers.
Your ‘day to day’
As a Manager Electronic Development, you'll be leading the R&D Hardware Development team consisting of Electronics subject-matter-experts, located in Neuchatel and Singapore / Hong-Kong R&D sites in line with the global R&D Electronics team strategy. Your goal would be to make sure that the necessary PMI tools & processes are put in place, to optimize internal & external development capabilities on multiple & parallel projects and deliver robust designs to the Manufacturing team. You'll also have to ensure that the characterization of our technology modules is done before they are introduced in new product projects.
Who we’re looking for
• Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD in Electronics Engineering or any relevant field
• Meaningful product-related electronics design experience in consumer electronics, automotive and/or medical devices development
• Experience in low power, BLE, power management design and Radio frequency
• Background in design for manufacturing and design for testing
• Affinity to PCB/Software/Functional verification and validation
• Experience in guiding and developing teams up to 10 people
• Ability to engage/collaborate with internal & external partners
• Experimental approach mindset, oriented to quality of results with technical decisions taken on the basis of objective data
• Excellent interpersonal skills and fluency in English; French is an asset
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
As with many countries, Switzerland has immigration restrictions which will impact the possibility for non-nationals to work in the country. Profiles required for this position may not being specific enough to justify the recruitment of a person outside of Switzerland or countries having agreed upon free movement with Switzerland, please note that in this case a valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25 EFTA citizenship is required to apply for this position.