Over the past three years, Philip Morris International (PMI) has made a dramatic pivot away from the marketing and sales of combustible cigarettes, and moved towards its Reduced-Risk Product (RRP) portfolio, focusing on its flagship product, IQOS. This product is PMI’s step forward to creating a “smoke-free future” for legal age consumers who continue to enjoy tobacco, but are seeking smoke-free alternatives. All of this has been accompanied by an organization-wide transformation in ways of working, culture and strategy.
You will join a highly dynamic and rapidly evolving environment in a role which requires great agility, ability to deal with ambiguity, drive, curiosity and entrepreneurial-spirit.
Today, we are looking for a Manager Brand Retails. In this role, you will:
- Contribute to the overall B2C Technology and Inrastructure Strategy in Brand Retail area by designing, developing and deploying technology and innovations to uplift Brand Retail customer experiences, operations and effectiveness.
- Act as the business-side single point of contact for our Digital and IS departments to express Brand Retail business requirements coming from different teams and geographies. Continuously evolve our global portfolio of CSC systems.
- Partner with internal stakeholders (Brand Retail, eCommerce, Customer Care, Customer Operations Centers, Digital/IS, RRP markets) to drive pilot and full-scale implementation across launch markets and all retail formats, with global consistency. Be a key enabler of our omni-channel experiences excellence, exploring and testing new solutions and to support brick and mortar as well as digital commerce.
Design Brand Retail technology roadmap and portfolio:
- Design/select/develop relevant solutions with Digital, IS and procurement departments, build and communicate a development and deployment roadmap. Identify and document requirements & processes to be supported by system capabilities for Brand Retail through a solid collaboration with Brand Retail, other B2C channels and PMI affiliates.
- Continuously assess customer experience and efficiency vs. targets; build business requirements well aligned with the rest of B2C team and PMI vendors' technology stack.
- Priorities projects and requirements through a structured governance process to ensure global system and data consistency as well as managing capacity to deliver. Retail Technology currently encompasses: global retail POS, clienteling application, footfall count, clientetling, store network and WiFi, security systems, digital signage, payment systems, queue management, appointments, performance dashboards as well as the required infrastructure and capabilities to deploy and support these solutions.
DRIVE TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT & ADOPTION
Coordinate internal (Markets, Digital, IS) and external (technology vendors) stakeholders to drive technology selection and acquisition, if suitable by leveraging MVP/pilot approaches; lead system acquisition and implementation through solid and well established project management skills and practices. Collaborate with deployment team to ensure local market requirements are considered as part of this process.
ANIMATE FEEDBACK LOOP & CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
Animate a global Brand Retail Technology community & feedback loop to feed the roadmap with required evolutions and improvements on existing systems and solutions. Continuously evaluate customer experience and operational efficiency to identify system-driven improvement opportunities; capture such opportunities either by driving acquisition of new systems or by developing additional features / integration within existing tech stack.
ENABLE OMNI-CHANNEL EXPERIENCES
Facilitate Omni channel service design e.g. appointment booking, Click and Collect, registration. Design integration of services into IQOS retail ecosystem. Enable cross-channel, seamless customer journeys to connect offline with online experiences. Enable unified customer view, experience and reporting by proactively collaborating with peers and other functions and ensure retail systems data modeling and flows requirements consistency accross channels."
Govern and lead the change management process for Retail solution adoption, liaising with retail operations, service quality & training leadership in order to ensure a smooth and effective change management process and the full exploitation of system and process capabilities by retail staff, in direct or 3rd party operated locations. Deliver through a solid project management approach, communicating proactively with stakeholders and decision-makers."
CONTINUOUS TECHNOLOGY CAPABILITIES DEVELOPMENT
Collaborate with Deployment team, Digital/IS and Markets to define processes and ensure availability of resources (internal / contracted) to:
- Continuously configure, develop and deploy Retail systems (e.g. intra-site, intra-vendor volume routing; new campaign configuration...)
- provide end-user support for all technologies used in Retail stores
SUPPORT RETAIL EXPANSION PLAN
Align technology roll-out strategy, organisation and vendor processes with Brand Retail Build process to secure smooth store openings and store operations.
- 7+ years of experience with Brand Retail technology, acquired within a world-class international retailer
- Proven track records of international deployment of retail technologies
- Understanding of retail operations processes, direct-to-consumer experiences, customer journey and service values
- Implementation of cross-channel services and experiences
Others skills / function specifics:
Innovation driven. Result focus, Facilitator. Proactive collaborator
Customer at the Core
Drive for results; ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong problem solving and learning skills
Data understanding, data driven hypothesis building, AB testing
Communication. Ability to adapt content and style to different audiences
Independent and highly organized