Purpose of the Position:
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Senior External Relations Manager will be responsible for developing and executing short term and long term communications and public relations plan to protect and enhance the reputation of Philip Morris in Japan. The individual will work with Global Communications, Japan Communications teams and stakeholders to tell compelling stories on PMI and PMJ's transformation, science and innovation, and other key themes. The role should enable growth by influencing stakeholders who have impact on the industry and the business in Japan. The role is expected to tailor the communications to local context and identifying local opportunities.
- Develop and execute external relations strategy aligned to PMI and PMJ's business and communications objectives.
- Increase understanding of PMJ by creating and telling differentiated stories about the company leveraging traditional and new forms of media. Inform and communicate to stakeholders with compelling messages
- Develop a proactive media outreach plan including interviews and key coverages
- Lead and coach the External Relations team to implement the external relations plan
- Manage crisis and issues to mitigate the impact on the reputation of the company
- Measure and report the effectiveness of External Relations programs.
1. Minimum 12 years of professional experience with proven records in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Public and Corporate affairs.
2. Experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex financial information in an easy to understand manner; able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing
3. Experience and success in leading and developing teams
4. Strong PR and media relations skills
5. Ability to work at all levels of the organization
6. Ability to develop new ideas through collaboration and execute on creative ideas
7. Team oriented – ability to work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
8. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills