Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
It’s so rare in R&D that everything aligns to create the ideal conditions for outstanding work. Right now, at PMI, that’s exactly what’s happening. R&D is the driving force for our bold new vision: to replace cigarettes with a revolutionary portfolio of alternative products.
Join us and you’ll have the resources, support and technology you need to break new ground and see ideas come to life. You’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest scientists in their fields, with fast access to subject experts and commercial decision-makers.
If you’re creative, courageous and ready to take risks, you can make a huge impact and propel your career in an endless number of directions. Ultimately, by delivering our smoke-free future, your work could change the lives of a billion smokers.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
You will lead cross-functional teams to improve the quality of RRP Device. You will be responsible with the coordination of the production design team, the failure analysis team, the manufacturing team, the quality team, the product validation team as well as the EMS partners to address quality related issues, including but not limit to design improvements, process improvements, and component quality improvements.
You will also influence the device development definitions and executions by ensuring PPI learnings are fully considered and quality risks are addressed. You will track and monitor quality related product returns, develop PPI roadmaps, coordinate and execute PPI projects and consolidate and report PPI results.
Finally you will define and deploy required Processes & Governance models on PPIs to secure business sustainability, standardization, quality and safety across platforms.
Essential Skills and competencies:
• University Degree (PhD or MSc preferred) in a technical area (Physics, chemistry, chemical engineering, material science, mechanical engineering, or other science or engineering degrees)
• Solid product performance improvement experience in the consumer electronics industry
• Experience of working in cross-functional environment to manage the quality improvements of new products as well as strong experience of working with external suppliers
• Experience in managing customer quality feedbacks, VOC, NPI, and PPI.
• Ability to manage ambiguity and work autonomously to solve complex problems
• Experiences in six-sigma (DFSS, DOMAIC) and exposure of NPI is a plus
• Strong cross-functional project management experience
• Strong problem solving and organizational capabilities coupled with proven leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
• Excellent communication skills in English both written and spoken
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
If you want to know more about our company check our website: https://www.pmiscience.com/
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required for this position.