Data Privacy Lead (DPL) plays a critical role by driving the execution of the Global Privacy Program (GPP) and coordinating how privacy is embedded in the operations of Philip Morris International, under the guidance of the central GPP team.
As part of the global team, the DPL will cover Maghreb, Egypt & Levant clusters.
Data Privacy Lead drives the execution of privacy processes, coordinates the embedding of data privacy into the relevant operations across entities and ensures that these entities have complete and up-to-date records necessary to demonstrate consistency with GPP and compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This means that the DPL must:
- Maintain an inventory of all activities involving the processing of personal data
- Facilitate and oversee the performing of Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) for all new personal data processing activities or significant changes to existing ones
- Facilitate and oversee the documentation of key data transfers
- Plan and oversee the delivery of data privacy awareness and training in a risk-based manner
- Contribute to the correct and timely handling of potential personal data breaches
- Manage the handling of non-routine data subject requests (e.g. privacy related complaints from individuals) and monitor the handling of routine data subject requests to ensure correct and timely responses
- Help, in liaison with the Law Department, managing the handling of requests from data protection authorities to ensure correct and timely responses
- Monitor compliance with privacy obligations and GPP requirements and track the execution of necessary actions, including through the timely performance of, and follow-through on, accurate and high-quality Privacy Compliance Assessments (PCAs) performed in prioritized, risk-driven manner
- Together with the Law Department, provide guidance on privacy matters as well as remain aware of relevant developments in privacy legislation
- Provide regular updates on the status and progress of the GPP to management and other stakeholders and promptly escalate on privacy issues as necessary
Skills & experience:
Bachelor or Master degree, typically in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Information Technology or Law.
Beneficial work experience:
Some years in an audit, controlling, compliance, legal/paralegal, IT or consulting function.
Multi-year experience working in a multinational business environment.
Prior experience to areas such as audit/control, data protection/privacy, system/data security, risk management.
Technical know-how & qualifications:
Sound understanding of data privacy principles and concepts.
Ability to quickly acquire knowledge of GPP processes, templates and registers.
Fluent English ,French & Arabic both written and spoken.
Good understanding of information technology.
FIND A NEW PATH
Philip Morris Maroc S.A.R.L offers you a fresh perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering. We take on-the-job learning to another level, giving you every opportunity to develop your career and reach your full potential. This position will advance your experience with innovative technologies, services, and processes. Backed by a competitive salary and compensation package, you will work in a professional setting with clients and team members from all over the world.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future.
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of September 30, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 5.9 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 43 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
"PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer”