Welcome to Philip Morris International (PMI). Here at PMI we want to be far more than a leading cigarette company. We’re building PMI’s future on smoke-free products which are a much better choice than cigarette smoking. Indeed, our vision – for all of us at PMI – is that these products will one day replace cigarettes.
In this journey to a smoke-free future, trade activation is a core element of success. We are looking for a motivated team player with good negotiation skills and a connective attitude who will take a leading role in transforming our specialist key accounts from conventional tobacco products towards a dedicated Reduced Risk Product (RRP) business model.
Do you want to be a part of a truly dynamic worldwide team dedicated to an ambitious new vision?
If so, then please continue reading.
Do you feel thrilled when you imagine yourself building the future by contributing significantly to the development of our smoke-free products, which are a much better choice for adult smokers that do not quit? And most importantly: Are you a creative relationship builder who is able to turn the specialist tobacco & vape trade organisations into active PM-partners who will recommend our products to adult smokers who would otherwise continue to smoke?
In that case, this role with below responsibilities might be a unique opportunity for you.
As Key Account Manager Specialist Trade (Netherlands) you will be accountable to drive results at multiple key tobacco and/or vape trade organizations. The main focus areas and tasks will be centred on:
• Contribute to the development of our overall trade strategy and translate our commercial objectives towards your portfolio of Key Accounts
• Win the hearts of our specialist trade partners and activate HQ-related employees such as senior or regional management as well as shop-level employees, owners and retail staff in order to build a strong external network
• Develop and implement activation activities for new product launches, retail activities and trade engagement programs
• Prepare and negotiate plans per Key Account and creatively initiate performance driven new ideas & experiments based on consumer- & trade partner insights and market data
• Ensure multi-category availability and an efficient presence of our RRP portfolio at strategic specialist shops ranging from current tobacco channel to upcoming vape trade organizations
• Responsible management of available resources and budget
• Transparent and continuous collaboration with internal stakeholders
Read further to see if the role matches your profile
- Do you have 3+ years of sales experience with a proven record in negotiation skills and achieving targets at specialist trade partners?
- Do you have a solid understanding of specialist trade channels and experience in understanding their financial, business and emotional drivers? Experience in specialist channels with strong emphasis on business to consumer recommendation is certainly an asset.
- Are you strong with figures and have the analytical skills to creatively develop pay for performance based activation trade programs?
- Are you a true relationship builder who can connect to specialist trade partners to ensure that PM is the leading business partner for the account moving towards a smoke-free future?
- Will you drive HEETS volume & SoM growth at your Key Accounts in a fast paced competitive environment where the market offer of better smoke-free alternatives grows with unprecedented speed?
- Can you contribute to the Dutch Country organisation by playing an important role in addressing the upcoming legislative changes in securing preferred positions in the best tobacco & vape shops and make retail activation work?
- Your Dutch and English language skills are fluent, both written as well as spoken;
- You are fine with travelling within The Netherlands and occasionally towards our Benelux headquarters based in Antwerp.
Sounds nice and you would like to know what we further offer?
Our Company offers you a fresh perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering. We take on-the-job learning to another level, giving you every opportunity to develop your career and reach your full potential. With this position as Key Account Manager - Specialist Trade you will advance your experience in trade negotiations, retail activation and cross-functional collaboration. Backed by a competitive salary, you will work together with a passionate team and in a dynamic and international environment.
So, if you love the challenges and opportunities of a constantly changing environment combined with an established company in full transformation, then you could be reading the vacancy that suits you perfectly!
One more thing: our development culture and the interesting career opportunities towards more senior commercial management functions or cross-functionally on a local, Benelux and international level are an integral part of our success-driven culture.
How does this sound?
If you are interested, please upload your CV and motivation letter through the ‘apply now’ button latest on 22nd September.