Intern Project Management in Neuchatel for a 6-month challenge starting as of January 2020
Take part in a revolutionary change
This is just the start. For us. For you. Although our tobacco brands have been world famous since the 1900s, we now have a bold new vision: to make cigarettes history and create products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
Your fresh perspective and positive mindset can fuel our smoke-free future. You’ll be collaborating on projects that really matter and helping us to explore completely new commercial territory. As you take your first steps, you’ll have the backing and brainpower of a multinational business behind you, but with the freedom you’d normally find in a start-up. It’s the perfect start to your career.
Our Swiss Internship program will really help you shape your career in the direction you choose. Get paid to collaborate on meaningful projects where you can challenge yourself and have the flavor of a real business experience. Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone's contribution is respected. Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with PMI – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
Who we’re looking for a student:
• Currently pursuing a degree in Business, Project Management or a relevant area.
• Aptitude and Interest in communication, planning and coordination.
• Team work attitude, problem-solving oriented, naturally curious.
• Able to approach problems from multiple angles.
• Highly motivated, independent and self-learner.
• Good critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent written and oral English skills.
• Life-Science knowledge or experience would be a plus.
• Excellent skills on Microsoft Excel (familiarity with pivot tables, conditional formatting, VLOOKUP and other advanced functions)
• Excellent skills on Microsoft Powerpoint (ability to quickly combine information from different sources into infographics)
• Ideally some familiarity with one project management tool (JIRA, MS-Project, ServiceNow, Teamwork …)
You will join the Project Management Office of the Life Sciences function on an exciting transformation and simplification of our project management processes. You will always be guided by highly experienced professionals and provided with relevant training on project management tools, which will make you feel comfortable in your assigned tasks and grow professionally as well as personally.
As an intern, we count on you to achieve these following tasks:
• Coordinate the tasks performed by senior project managers, supporting the preparation of all meetings and reports on Projects and activities.
• Interact with scientists, product developers, and senior managers across departments to ensure a timely consolidation of different materials into slides and spreadsheets; distribute materials to meeting participants and gather their feedbacks.
• Ultimately, Be the master planner of senior management meetings and project management reports.
• Use Teamwork and other project management tools to coordinate your activities.
• Be pro-active and always suggest ways to simplify processes, improve reports and meetings, and suggest other tasks that might add value to our team.
After your internship with PMI, you will have the relevant experience to conquer the job market! Are you ready to make a difference and grow with us?
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to shape your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business –our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity – visit www.pmi.com today.
We are committed to equal pay by being an equal-salary certified employer globally.