Intern Global Communication Transformation Capability Building
Intern Global Communication Transformation Capability Building in Lausanne for a 6-month challenge starting as of January 2020
Be a part of a revolutionary change
This is just the start. For us. For you. Although our tobacco brands have been world famous since the 1900s, we now have a bold new vision: to make cigarettes history and create products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
Your fresh perspective and positive mindset can fuel our smoke-free future. You’ll be collaborating on projects that really matter and helping us to explore completely new commercial territory. As you take your first steps, you’ll have the backing and brainpower of a multinational business behind you, but with the freedom you’d normally find in a start-up. It’s the perfect start to your career.
Our Swiss Internship program will really help you shape your career in the direction you choose. Get paid to collaborate on meaningful projects where you can challenge yourself and have the flavor of a real business experience. Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone's contribution is respected. Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with PMI – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
Who we’re looking for a student with the following requirements:
• Currently pursuing a degree in Business, Communications, Capability Building, Human Resources or Media/PR.
• Aptitude and Interest in creating holistic capability building programs to equip colleagues with narrative building and media engagement skills.
• A passion for emerging technology and digitally enhanced capability building.
• Ability to work across teams, functions and keeping a level head in a highly dynamic, ever changing work environment. New challenges arise every day.
• Team work attitude, problem-solving oriented, naturally curious.
• Able to approach problems from multiple angles.
• Strong emotional intelligence to assess colleagues’ communication style, strengths/weaknesses, and talent scouting.
• Good critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
• Microsoft Office suite
• Ideally experience with online learning platforms
You will join the Global Communications Transformation team of Philip Morris International in Lausanne, Switzerland. This team is tasked with changing the ways the organization communicates about its vision of a smoke-free future. We have an exciting story of monumental corporate transformation to tell to the rest of the world. You will help us realize opportunities to tell it transparently, boldly, and in a way that challenges the rest of the world to join the conversation.
As an intern, we count on you to achieve these following tasks:
The Global Communications Transformation Team is part of the Global Communications Division at Philip Morris International. We are currently seeking an intern to assist with various projects related to the smoke-free messaging and public outreach that is important to the company’s mission and mandate. These projects include:
1. capability building programs to help the organization’s communicators upskill their communications skills and tools
2. media training sessions for both internal colleagues and external partners across functions and locations
3. maintenance of all onboarding materials for new hires and external partners to ensure every person is equipped with the knowledge necessary to tell PMI’s corporate transformation story with one voice
4. projects, convenings and events related to communications transformation in the tobacco industry industry and in other sectors
Roles & Responsibilities:
This internship is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is willing to work with a small but fast-moving team. Our work brings us close to many of the most important projects that are at the forefront of Philip Morris International’s public profile today. We need someone to help this team work within the global headquarters of the company as we build this new portfolio and implement an ambitious work portfolio. The position will require a broad array of responsibilities, from the administrative to the external. We need someone who can help us research, organize, draft and also be ready to assist with partnerships and meetings and convenings when necessary. This is a portfolio that changes in real-time. Your ability to succeed in this internship depends on your ability to think fast and act with agility.
After your internship with PMI, you will have the relevant experience to conquer the job market! Are you ready to make a difference and grow with us?
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to shape your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business –our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity – visit www.pmi.com today.
We are committed to equal pay by being an equal-salary certified employer globally.