Intern Digitalized Packaging and Printing Solutions
Intern Digitalized Packaging and Printing Solutions in Neuchâtel for a 6-month challenge starting as of February 2020
Be a part of a revolutionary change
This is just the start. For us. For you. Although our tobacco brands have been world famous since the 1900s, we now have a bold new vision: to make cigarettes history and create products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
Your fresh perspective and positive mindset can fuel our smoke-free future. You’ll be collaborating on projects that really matter and helping us to explore completely new commercial territory. As you take your first steps, you’ll have the backing and brainpower of a multinational business behind you, but with the freedom you’d normally find in a start-up. It’s the perfect start to your career.
Our Swiss Internship program will really help you shape your career in the direction you choose. Get paid to collaborate on meaningful projects where you can challenge yourself and have the flavor of a real business experience. Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone's contribution is respected. Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with PMI – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
Who we’re looking for a student with the following requirements:
• Currently studying for his/her Master in Microengineering, Communication Systems, Computer Science, Data Science, Computational Science & Engineering or Management, Technology and Entrepreneurship.
• Passionate about technology and innovation and ready to extend current business practices in the field of packaging.
• Excellent team player who can also work independently
• Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills, able to learn on the fly
• Able to communicate clearly in English, both written and spoken
• An affinity with design and packaging is an asset
If you are also ready to bring and share your ideas, then you are the for our internship within our Packaging Development team at Philip Morris Products SA, based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
Today, we are in a disruptive phase within the packaging world by implementing new process and state of the art technology. The main aim is challenging the current business model to reduce our packaging lead time from 4 months to 7 days. This aggressive target covers the phases from the receipt of a packaging design through to the delivery of an industrialized volumes of printed packaging to our affiliates.
The main goal of this internship will be to further challenge our new Digitalization model and the tools we are implementing, as well as scouting and proposing developments within the external supplier environment.
The new business model includes the Installation within PMI of:
o Inkjet Digital printing
o Laser technology for finishing and enhancements
o Design Digitalization and IS system automation
o Digitalized Color management
This program will require the Intern to be involved within the complete Digichain.
The expected deliverables are:
• Cross-check study with industries best practice
• Identify potential bugs and areas of improvement of current systems and actively generate and propose new ideas
• Conduct testing of new system features and improvements (bugs resolution etc)
• Support digitalization activities to populate the system databases
• Deliver progress report on defined milestones and prepare a final presentation and handover report;
After your internship with PMI, you will have the relevant experience to conquer the job market! Are you ready to make a difference and grow with us?
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to shape your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business –our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity – visit www.pmi.com today.
We are committed to equal pay by being an equal-salary certified employer globally.