Are you passionate about PMI’s future, its culture change being the success driver for the transformation and experiences people go through every day in PMI? Do you look for ways to grow in your job?
If you want to challenge yourself, working in a dynamic & international environment, then apply now! We are currently looking for a:
PMI has always been a leading company in the sector, but the time of transformation we are currently experiencing is quite exciting and is unprecedented. We are facing one of the greatest transformations in the history of fast-moving consumer goods, and the creation of a vision of a smoke-free future requires enormous courage, resourcefulness and motivation.
As CFD Engineer you will report to the Modeling Leader and will be part of our Prototyping department for Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna. The position will be based in Bologna.
In your role, you will be responsible of performing fluid dynamics and thermal analysis on projects related to product, process and electronic devices, to meet Product Development and/or R&D requests regarding new products design, in the respect of the agreed time scheduling, quality levels, safety/security standards.
These analysis will be done both in OpenFoam, where coding is required, and with commercial software (Fluent). Complete simulation workflow from model preparation, to post processing, meshing and results analysis will be required.
Interaction with internal or external resources to obtain material characterization information, validation data and boundary conditions to be used on simulation will be a part of the job. Finally, you will also apply the new products know-how & tools (Creo3D and CFD software) within prototyping department from Idea Generation to Prototype Validation.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Be responsible of setting and running high quality simulations selecting proper physics, boundary conditions, parameters in order to support the product development process with the right trade-off between complexity and detail
• Define & analyze products’ and materials’ critical parameters, in order to identify their impact on the production process.
• Define and conduct analysis on preliminary prototyping processes with statistical methods through the definitions of key process parameters and its interactions (DOE & ROBUST DESIGN). Responsible of Product Feasibility Study phase report.
• Define: Product and Material Critical Parameters; Prototype Sample Phase Report; Prototype Validation Phase Report
• Develop & Apply the new products and prototyping processes know-how and tools within Prototyping department from Idea Generation to Prototype. Validation in the requested time to market. Ensure an optimal transfer of newly developed product & process know-how from the Prototyping Department to Industrialization and Quality Departments. Ensure the proper technical skills application during Commercialization Projects, when required.
• Lead prototyping pro-active projects, in order to meet future product development objectives by achieving the technical and quality requirements for prototyping solutions with timeliness, in order to support Key PMI business parameters (Innovation, Productivity and Speed to Market).
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
• University degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Aerospace/Aeronautics/Material/Energetic)
• Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in Product Design and CFD simulation, preferably in Product Development Industries
• Proficient use of: CFD Softwares; Matlab. Required knowledge of: C; C++; Phython; Open Foam
• Project management experience is a plus.
• Experience with MS Office Package, Creo, AutoCAD, MS Project.
• Required: Problem solving and innovative approach; Ability to work in team; proactiveness and action orientation; autonomy; analytical thinking; priority setting; communication skills
• Fluent in English both written and spoken.
Grade level from: 7-8
Recruiter: Rita Gherardi
Employment Type: Local to local
Relocation package offered
WHAT WE OFFER
Our company offers you a new and fresh scientific perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering:
competitive wage conditions and the chance at potentially unlimited growth, thanks to performance monitoring systems that merge the talents of persons with their professional aspirations and allow for a constant growth of different proficiencies.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
We are a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the United States of America. We are building our future on smoke-free products that are a much better consumer choice than continuing to smoke cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, we aim to ensure that our smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. Our vision is that these products ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adult smokers, society, our company and our shareholders. For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna is Philip Morris International's first center for personnel training and prototyping, industrialization, and large-scale production of potentially reduced risk products (RRPs).