Help to #unsmoke the world - and bring an end to cigarettes in Canada.
Are you experienced in scientific or medical affairs looking to innovate, transform an industry and positively impact society? Do you look for ways to grow in your job and build an outstanding career? Then this role is for you!
Philip Morris International has made a dramatic decision to build our future on smoke-free products that are a much better choice than cigarette smoking for those who decide to continue cigarette smoking. Our vision is that these reduced-risk products (RRPs) will one day replace cigarettes.
We’re now laying the foundation to make our smoke-free vision a reality in Canada and we’re looking for a world-class scientific engagement professional to join our team and build awareness and acceptance of our growing base of scientific evidence and rigorous, industry-leading research and development effort.
With more than 400 expert scientists and technical staff working on the development and assessment of RRPs in The Cube (our R&D headquarters based in Switzerland), we are looking for a local Manager Scientific Engagement who will be responsible of executing high impact local scientific engagement initiatives. This includes identifying, engaging and nurturing relationships with strategic stakeholders in the scientific, medical, health-care and academic communities. You will be a key resource for external scientific communications and facilitate understanding of complex scientific concepts across a broad audience, bridging a key role between public communications and government advocacy.
Science is not only about research. It’s also about communicating innovation and new developments to make an impact on our business and ultimately our industry and the world.
For us, this means educating key partners to enable the transformation of our business and making a difference locally. It is a key role to pave the way for understanding and acceptance of our RRPs in Canada.
We don’t just want any scientist … you should be a pioneer, an innovator, and a great stakeholder relations professional.
Get to know more about our R&D efforts and RRP platforms at www.PMIscience.com.
FIND A NEW PATH
Our company offers you a new and fresh scientific perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering. We take entrepreneurship to another level, giving you every opportunity to develop your career and reach your fullest potential. This position will advance your experience with innovative technologies in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment. Backed by a competitive salary and compensation package, you will work in a professional setting with team members from all over the world, including our R&D team at The Cube.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in life sciences or the pharmaceutical industry, ideally in scientific, medical or stakeholder relations (i.e. scientific or medical communications, science liaison or scientific/medical information).
• Science degree or background required
• Strong net of contacts in the health community locally, or ability to develop quickly.
• Strong people and communications skills (including experience with presentations and with public speaking. Media engagement experience is a plus).
• Demonstrated ability to work within an industry to inspire changes in broader technical and policy issues.
• Ability to work on complex cross-functional projects with multi-disciplinary colleagues.
• The ability to contribute to strategic and tactical approaches to inform and discuss scientific research with the medical and scientific community, government/political authorities and the media in relation to RRPs.
• Fluent in French ( Have the ability to deliver scientific presentations in French)
• You must be legally able to work in Canada.
• This position will be based either in Toronto or in Quebec.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
Rothmans, Benson & Hedges Inc. is Canada’s second largest tobacco company, manufacturing and selling cigarettes and fine-cut tobacco as well as distributing heated tobacco products, pipe tobacco and cigar products. In addition Rothman’s Benson & Hedges Inc. is a Greater Toronto Top Employer for 2016 & 2017. We currently employ more than 780 people throughout our 6 corporate and sales offices and our factory.
Philip Morris International (PMI), our parent company, is the world’s leading tobacco company with a diverse workforce of around 80,000 people who hail from every corner of the globe. PMI is committed to being a good corporate citizen. PMI strives to be environmentally and socially responsible. PMI is dedicated to fighting the illegal cigarette trade. PMI proudly supports the communities where PMI sources tobacco and where PMI and its affiliate’s employees live and work. PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, see www.pmi.com.
If you wish to contribute to the future of our business and to the new scientific journey of the industry, we´d love to hear from you.
Diversity and inclusion is one of our core values. PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.