Supervisor Analytical Chemistry – Neuchatel, Switzerland
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
It’s so rare in R&D that everything aligns to create the ideal conditions for outstanding work. Right now, at PMI, that’s exactly what’s happening. R&D is the driving force for our bold new vision: to replace cigarettes with a revolutionary portfolio of alternative products.
Join us and you’ll have the resources, support and technology you need to break new ground and see ideas come to life. You’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest scientists in their fields, with fast access to subject experts and commercial decision-makers.
If you’re creative, courageous and ready to take risks, you can make a huge impact and propel your career in an endless number of directions. Ultimately, by delivering our smoke-free future, your work could change the lives of a billion smokers.
Your ‘day to day’
As a Lab Supervisor, you'll coordinate and support laboratory technicians in an analytical laboratory in order to generate and provide high quality analytical data from materials, tobacco and aerosol matrices. This includes the implementation of new technologies and analytical methods, as well as maintenance and evolution of the method portfolio that is in place to support our Reduced Risk Products (RRP).
You’ll be responsible for allocating resources to provide fast and high-quality services to the various partners; therefore you should have a good understanding about the different R&D projects and partners' needs and maintain a high level of know-how about RRPs.
You'll also be the contact point for partners for all support related to the current portfolio of methods in the analytical laboratories. In that regard, a positive relationship with the other laboratories and teams participating to the analytical process, so as to deliver an efficient scientific support on a daily business.
Who we’re looking for
• Degree in Chemistry or any relevant field
• Meaningful experience in a managerial position
• Professional expertise in analytical chemistry
• Background in laboratory quality environment (e.g. ISO 17025)
• Demonstrated expertise in analytical tools such as separation sciences, detection system (MS, MS/MS) and methodology in the area of non-tobacco material, tobacco and aerosol analysis
• Past experience in database management (LIMS)
• Experience in guiding and developing teams
• Demonstrated ability to implement new analytical technologies and process improvement initiatives
• Strong organization and process skills and expertise in multitasking and prioritization
• Sound communicator, a good listener, a great teammate, a relationship builder with passion for innovation
• Proficiency in French and English
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
As with many countries, Switzerland has immigration restrictions which will impact the possibility for non-nationals to work in the country. Profiles required for this position may not being specific enough to justify the recruitment of a person outside of Switzerland or countries having agreed upon free movement with Switzerland, please note that in this case a valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25 EFTA citizenship is required to apply for this position.