Are you passionate about PMI’s future, its culture change being the success driver for the transformation and experiences people go through every day in PMI? Do you look for ways to grow in your job?
If you want to challenge yourself, working in a dynamic & international environment, then apply now! We are currently looking for a:
PMI has always been a leading company in the sector, but the time of transformation we are currently experiencing is quite exciting and is unprecedented. We are facing one of the greatest transformations in the history of fast-moving consumer goods, and the creation of a vision of a smoke-free future requires enormous courage, resourcefulness and motivation.
As Project Engineer you will report to the Manager Project Engineering and will be part of our Engineering department for Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna. The position will be based in Bologna.
In your role, you will plan, develop, coordinate and execute the Engineering projects with the final objective of improving Operations performance (safety, productivity, quality, compliance, innovation, etc.). A key responsibility will be to ensure a proper Capex execution by monitoring closely the projects under his/her responsibility. You will also organize works and co-ordinate activities in order to meet objectives set for the projects under his/her responsibility.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Adheres 100% to all EHS policies and procedures. Respect health and safety legislation requirements. Comply with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 18001, PMI QMS requirements. Coordinate, check and approve work requests within defined timelines and resources. Perform measuring, audits and other tasks in accordance with the stipulated safety rules and regulations with the use of individual protection means (e.g. glasses, gloves, helmet, safety shoes and ears protection) for him and site contractors.
• Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management. Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project. Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project. Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities. Develop, control and co-ordinate the flow of entire project documentation, filing and storage system and technical archive activity in order to meet legal and PM requirements. Prepare technical documents. Check for completeness and accuracy in order to support the activities of the project and department.
• In co-operation with the project working group, line management and involved departments, prepare tasks on how to modify equipment in order to optimize the operation of equipment/constructions. Develop all requested and approved modifications taking into account environmental, ergonomic, safety and engineering aspects, norms, standards and regulations in order to ensure the best quality of product.
• Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities and solving problems to ensure the successful completion of the project. Control project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes. Participate in the check up of materials, execute the technical and design supervision of the installation of new equipment in order to ensure the high quality of the installation and commissioning of the equipment. Integrate new equipment, conduct necessary risk assessments, provide input for preparation of related documentation in order to fully comply with legislation and internal procedures. Lead equipment qualification/validation process. Coordinate Computerized Systems/Equipment qualification/validation procedures and rules Make all necessary arrangements for hand over and acceptance of new devices/equipment for commissioning and the registration of the new equipment in order to transfer to the factory asset responsible and registry system (SAP, SAM) to ensure further maintenance.
• Prepare project reports for management and steering committee. Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures. Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly). Manage all project funds according to budget, according to company policies and procedures. Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date. Prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for stakeholders. Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase.
• Review technical drawings, drafts and/or sketches prepared by design consultants, construction company and other engineers, work with technical references, directories in order to review and to carry out analyses of works performed by design consultants and construction companies. Perform discipline quantity and quality check of building products and materials to ensure that they conform to specifications and meet quality standards in compliance with drawings and rules.
• Maintain communication within and with relevant departments in order to execute the project plan and to find the most timely/cost effective solutions. Initiate work organization improvement in order to use available resources in the most effective way. Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project.
• Ensure integral conformity with relevant legislation, Philip Morris policies and procedures and achieve the annual objectives established during the annual performance evaluation process. Takes responsibility for the completion of his own individual training plan and complies with the requirements established in the Qualification Matrix.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
• University degree in Civil (Building construction)/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering /High school with minimum 5 years’ experience in Industrial Environment roles
• Previous project management experience. Formal education in PMPM is a plus.
• More than 2 years professional experience in Engineering department (leading projects) or industrial environments.
• Experience with MS Office Package, AutoCAD, MS Project and Safety Management.
• Team work, action oriented, analytical thinking, priority setting, problem solving, composure, listening and communication skills
• Fluent in English both written and spoken.
Grade level from: 7-9
Recruiter: Rita Gherardi
Employment Type: Local to local
Relocation package offered
WHAT WE OFFER
Our company offers you a new and fresh scientific perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering:
competitive wage conditions and the chance at potentially unlimited growth, thanks to performance monitoring systems that merge the talents of persons with their professional aspirations and allow for a constant growth of different proficiencies.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
We are a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the United States of America. We are building our future on smoke-free products that are a much better consumer choice than continuing to smoke cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, we aim to ensure that our smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. Our vision is that these products ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adult smokers, society, our company and our shareholders. For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna is Philip Morris International's first center for personnel training and prototyping, industrialization, and large-scale production of potentially reduced risk products (RRPs).