Visual Merchandiser Executive- Johannesburg/ Cape Town
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Partner with the retail and brand teams to identify and prioritize key product stories. Collaborate with internal and external partners to drive fully integrated demand creation efforts, including go-to-market strategies, curated launch calendars, visual merchandising solutions, targeted media campaigns, digital marketing, event activations, PR and social media plans. Support the roll out of new retail transformation pilots and omni-channel optimization efforts. Communicate plans across the division and facilitate brand alignment. Develop team capabilities while sustaining a culture within our team that is aligned with that of the company and enhances our productivity and effectiveness.
• Contribute to the development of short and long-term marketing objectives, strategies, and tactics to deliver against agreed upon brand, business, and financial goals.
• Collaborate, develop and maintain marketing solutions against key initiatives to drive awareness and preference that align with IQOS strategy and positioning. Participates in the development and execution of annual marketing plan and assists in building the IQOS brand strategy.
• Oversees the management of retail event activation and assist in the development of local and event marketing opportunities.
• Collaborates on expense planning. Works with external and internal partners to measure and analyze sales impact and the profitability/ROI of marketing expenditures
• Apply analysis, based on in-depth research and critical thinking to recommend solutions.
• Align with Omni-channel initiative planning from concept to execution.
• Provide perspective on proposed solutions and process changes to improve overall retail implementation.
• Roll-out retail presentation standards to educate and empower the regional organization.
• Develop overall visual merchandising guidelines, standards and protocols to be implemented at retail through creation, development, and socialization of general guidebooks and seasonal directives.
• Create, drive, and manage a Visual Merchandising training program with defined milestones and seasonal timeline.
• Champion the Global Visual innovation strategy through market research and trend analysis to inform the conceptual landscape and elevate consumer engagement.
• Drive creation and strategy to elevate the global IQOS presentation suite including windows, propping and overall creative elements.
• Ensure the Global Visual strategy stays relevant and maintains a consistent Global Brand voice across the regions.
• Understands the organization’s strengths and opportunities through market and competitive research.
Skills and Competencies
Minimum Grade 12 – College Degree or Diploma is an advantage
• 5+ years of merchandising/visual presentation experience at Retail are required.
• Premium brand staging experience is preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of retail math- turn and product flow.
• Solid creative experience and ability to identify and implement trends and appropriate visual looks
• Prior experience in managing projects
• Retail visual experiences in a similar category Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Superior creative skills
• Ability to work in a highly cross-functional environment
• Willingness to travel, as needed
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Preference will be given to EE Candidates
Applications close Thursday 24 October 2019