Be a part of a revolutionary change. We have a new open position for our London St Paul's Office.
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
PMI’s journey to a smoke-free future is fuelled by technology.
The total transformation we’re going through means that there are unique IT projects here to match all levels of skills and ambitions – from pace-setting global pilot projects to vital local updates. Whether you want to pursue a personal passion or build an international career, there’s space here to develop in any number of directions.
To join us in IT you’ll need to be driven and equally happy whether you’re taking the strategic view or diving deep into processes. We'll make sure you're set up to succeed whatever your project is, our culture is agile and collaborative, and we genuinely believe our people are some of the best you’ll ever work with.
Your ‘day to day’
• Addressing complex business challenges with bleeding edge software and platform designs.
• Define and lead the implementation of our next generation PMI IoT platform and related services together with our IT architects’ team.
• Provide technical direction & Manage internal and external development teams
• Leverage on existing proven solutions either in-house or adjacent fields to minimize development timescales, still being motivated by hands-on creative development work
• Collaborate with our R&D products teams to help them deliver the next generation reduced risks products our consumers’ needs to quit smoking.
Who we’re looking for:
• Solid experience in development with at least 5+ in leading large scale development/project teams
• Large experience on Cloud solutions implementation
• Practical experience in leading IoT solutions implementation
• Experienced in working within AGILE (SCRUM, LEAN, KANBAN, XP) Teams
• Strong software design, database design and architecture skills
• Expertise with technologies such as: Python, Rest API, Microservice architecture, AWS: IOT Cloud, Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, Fargate, GraphQL, Github, Grafana, Docker, ARM Pellion, Treasure Data
• Fluent in both written and spoken English.
• Master or PhD in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or equivalent
The role offer is subject to valid right to work in UK
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.