Intern Method Development in Neuchatel for a 6-month challenge starting as of January 2020
Take part in a revolutionary change
This is just the start. For us. For you. Although our tobacco brands have been world famous since the 1900s, we now have a bold new vision: to make cigarettes history and create products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
Your fresh perspective and positive mindset can fuel our smoke-free future. You’ll be collaborating on projects that really matter and helping us to explore completely new commercial territory. As you take your first steps, you’ll have the backing and brainpower of a multinational business behind you, but with the freedom you’d normally find in a start-up. It’s the perfect start to your career.
Our Swiss Internship program will really help you shape your career in the direction you choose. Get paid to collaborate on meaningful projects where you can challenge yourself and have the flavor of a real business experience. Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone's contribution is respected. Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with PMI – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
Who we’re looking for a student:
• Pursuing master diploma in chemistry, analytical chemistry or related field
• Knowledgeable in analytical technics, such as GC-FID, GC-MS and LC-MS/MS
• Familiar with sample preparation procedure
• Aware on quality requirements for analytical measurement (ISO 17025)
• Flexible, results driven and willing to learn on the fly
• Very good interpersonal, organizational and collaborative skills
• Excellent command of spoken and written English
• Knowledge of most common office software (Microsoft Office)
If you are also good with deadlines, teamwork and feedback, you are the one we want for our Testing Laboratories & Governance (in Philip Morris Products S.A., Research and Development Center) in Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
As a student, you will contribute to a project which consists of developing and optimizing an analytical method. To do this, you will need to become familiar with analytical instrument such as chromatographic techniques aiming at compound identification and quantitation. You will deliver results and write reports within high quality standards in line with internal/external guidelines and according to timelines. In addition, you will liaise with your supervisor and stakeholder to present outcomes and performances of the analytical method.
After your internship with PMI, you will have the relevant experience to conquer the job market! Are you ready to make a difference and grow with us?
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to shape your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business –our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity – visit www.pmi.com today.
We are committed to equal pay by being an equal-salary certified employer globally.