Manager Prototyping – Neuchâtel – Switzerland
Join the revolution.
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom dream up and deliver, better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Wherever you join our crucial 47,000-strong Operations team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact. PMI’s shift from selling cigarettes to our new smoke-free products has changed the way we work. New products bring new challenges – in the way we source and buy raw materials, in the way we engineer and manufacture, and in our supply chain planning.
Bring us your curiosity and a desire to challenge the everyday and we’ll give you lots of responsibility. You’ll help us improve, inject innovation and create new ways of working. You’ll be solving manufacturing process problems that span the whole world: a smoke-free world.
Your ‘day to day’:
You will be joining our Manufacturing Development Center within PMI Central Engineering Group and deliver best in class service on prototyping to a wide range of partners as well as build capabilities and know-how for fast prototyping.
In this role, you will ensure the availability of technology and equipment for the prototyping of new products, proactively analyzing product trends, identifying and conceptualizing closing of technology gaps in order to minimize the time to
customer and considering scalability.
• Lead the first in a kind equipment validation activities up to the final specification readiness and contribute to the development of Industrial technology. Ensure the new technology is validated to produce new products meeting all relevant specifications or existing products improvements in terms of quality and manufacturing performance.
• Identify and provide fast, flexible and cost efficient product prototypes, prototyping solutions and equipment in line with technology development needs. Manage budget, timing and OEM business relations ensuring strong links are established and maintained with S&I and PMI Operations Central functions for both Conventional and RRPs. Link prototyping equipment solutions with feasibility of industrial manufacturing technology.
• Lead the assessment of equipment capabilities, technology definition and product/components specifications in close co-operation with S&I, PMI Operations Central Functions and site factory Engineering. Support the launch of newly developed product/solutions for consumer test, studies, and eventually small scale commercial volume.
• Build knowledge on materials, components, equipment, technology and suppliers to identify productivity initiatives and to contribute to the definition of URS for future industrial solutions and technologies, by sharing all the findings acquired during prototyping phase.
• Manage communication flows with all relevant partners (S&I, PMI Ops, factory management) to ensure involvement at early stage of product/process development to contribute to define strategies by appropriate equipment identification and validation.
• Develop and maintain a high performing team by providing direction, establishing and communicating expectations, monitoring performance, identifying training needs, developing and mentoring subordinates.
Who we’re looking for:
• A professional with University degree in Engineering (industrial, chemical, mechanical, etc.). MBA or PhD is a plus
• 5-10 year of experience in industrial environment, product and process development. At least 2 year as managerial role
• Strong problem solving and priorities setting coupled with a good sense of leadership. Proactive and customer and result focused.
• Validated ability in running projects and building/leading effective teams
• Excellent interpersonal skill and feel comfortable dealing with ambiguity
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
• Fluent in English. Local language is a plus.
What we offer:
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers