Manager Industrial Projects – Neuchâtel – Switzerland
Join the revolution.
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom dream up and deliver, better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Wherever you join our crucial 47,000-strong Operations team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact. PMI’s shift from selling cigarettes to our new smoke-free products has changed the way we work. New products bring new challenges – in the way we source and buy raw materials, in the way we engineer and manufacture, and in our supply chain planning.
Bring us your curiosity and a desire to challenge the everyday and we’ll give you lots of responsibility. You’ll help us improve, inject innovation and create new ways of working. You’ll be solving manufacturing process problems that span the whole world: a smoke-free world.
Your ‘day to day’:
You will be joining our Manufacturing Development Center within PMI Central Engineering Group and deliver best in class service on industrialization to a wide range of partners.
In this role, you will by leading highly complex projects/programs related to manufacturing process industrialization utilizing and adhering to Project Management Best Practices.
• You will implement project governance and regularly communicate with relevant stakeholders/customers on project scope review, status update and cost/resources management to facilitate project prioritization and ensure deliverables meet agreed budget and schedule as well as PMI requirements and regulatory standards
• Ensure resources and budget are properly handled; ensure aligned priorities and approach is in place by working closely with PMI Operations central functions, S&I, selected manufacturing center for the industrialization
• Regularly report to relevant partners and senior management on project progresses, time, cost, risk. Ensure development and proper distribution of project related documentations (technology transfer package), including CAPEX and expenses updates to involved functions as well as comprehensive projects closure reports
• Resolve complex projects/programs related issues by analyzing, identifying and facilitating recommendations to achieve optimal technical and process solutions. Continuously learn, find and propose product and process improvement opportunities; serve as trusted advisor for senior management on productivity opportunities
• Develop and maintain a high performing organization by providing direction, establishing and communicating expectations, monitoring performance, identifying training needs, developing and mentoring subordinates
Who we’re looking for:
• A professional with University degree in Engineering (industrial, chemical, mechanical, etc.). MBA or PhD is a plus
• 5-10 year of experience in Project management, industrial environment, engineering. At least 2 year as managerial role
• Strong problem solving and priorities setting coupled with a good sense of leadership. Proactive and customer and result focused
• Validated ability in running projects and building/leading effective teams
• Excellent interpersonal skill and feel comfortable dealing with ambiguity
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
• Fluent in English. Local language is a plus
What we offer:
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers