Supervisor Prototyping – Neuchâtel – Switzerland
Join the revolution.
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom dream up and deliver, better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Wherever you join our crucial 47,000-strong Operations team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact. PMI’s shift from selling cigarettes to our new smoke-free products has changed the way we work. New products bring new challenges – in the way we source and buy raw materials, in the way we engineer and manufacture, and in our supply chain planning.
Bring us your curiosity and a desire to challenge the everyday and we’ll give you lots of responsibility. You’ll help us improve, inject innovation and create new ways of working. You’ll be solving manufacturing process problems that span the whole world: a smoke-free world.
Your ‘day to day’:
You will be joining our Manufacturing Development Center within PMI Central Engineering Group and deliver best in class service on prototyping to a wide range of partners as well as build capabilities and know-how for fast prototyping.
In this role, you will plan and execute the assigned project activities regarding conventional and Reduced-Risk Products (RRP). You will build and developed the right competencies and skills in order to further support product and process development activities, being the recognized as an authority in your domain.
• Plan and lead resources for the execution of prototyping activities within budget and on schedule
• Regularly track and monitor performances and report on project status update
• Communicate PMI development/prototyping and local department’s objectives to subordinates, discuss related problems and decide on solutions to meet the required customer’s demands, quality requirements, agreed delivery date and costs while following the safety norms. Take appropriate action when objectives are changed in order that activities variances are effectively addressed and resolved
• Develop and maintain a high performing team by providing direction, establishing and communicating expectations, monitoring performance, identifying training needs, developing and mentoring subordinates
Who we’re looking for:
• A professional with College/University degree in Engineering (industrial, chemical, mechanical, etc.) or Technical background
• Minimum 5 year of experience in manufacturing/product development environment. At least 2 year as leading a team
• Strong problem solving and priorities setting coupled with a good sense of leadership. Proactive and result focused
• Excellent interpersonal skills as well as organizational Agility, feel comfortable dealing with ambiguity
• Strong communication skills and capability to build trustful partnerships at all levels of the organization
• A team player able to motivate others and manage various external and internal stakeholder
• Fluent in English. Local language is a plus
What we offer:
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers