Supervisor Key Account and New Chain Deployment
Be part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Development & Deployment at PMI feels like building a new business – but with the accumulated expertise of a global brand behind you. Bring us your curiosity and capacity to engage people and you can be part of the digital, onmi-channel team that’s driving our huge commercial transformation.
If you’re a forecaster and forward-thinker, you can make a huge impact, creating sales strategies across all markets. But, here, your innovation will do more than just improving sales. You’re not persuading someone to savings account or try a new drinks brand. You’re potentially changing the lives of a billion smokers by helping them switch to a better alternative to smoking.
Your ‘day to day’
Design, manage and deploy the effective implementation of Key Account strategy, plans and initiatives in order to contribute to PM Italia strategic goals. Build, manage and maintain fruitful partnerships with relevant Key Account (KA) customers. Explore and deploy new chains opportunities to enlarge RRP* business model and contribute to development strategies execution.
Specific responsibilities include:
KEY CLIENTS MANAGEMENT
Deploy the commercial strategy in the key clients and manage the successful implementation of Key account plans to support the achievement of PM Italy objectives. Ensure best consumer experience within top tier shops in line with Consumer Journey guidelines.
PRODUCT AVAILABILITY & VISIBILITY
Ensure product availability, assortment and visibility in the assigned trade and/or retail clusters/areas, aiming to grant consumer high quality conversion. In the assigned areas/channels ensure full compliance to contracts. Implement defined planogram and ensure its maintenance, ensuring the adherence to the visibility guidelines and positioning the field support tools in the most effective way.
KEY CLIENTS NEGOTIATION AND PARTNERSHIP
- Support the establishment of long-term relations with priority KA maintaining consistent remuneration across trade channels by developing trust relationships with a portfolio of major clients to ensure they do not turn to competition.
- Establish with KA team the Chains negotiation priorities
- Acquiring a deep understanding of key customer needs and requirements aimed at building solid platforms for the *RRP products distribution and assortment able to produce mutual and suitable results for both Philip Morris International and KA chains.
INTERNAL - EXTERNAL ENGAGEMENT
- Expanding the relationships with existing customers by continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives.
- Serve as the link of communication between key customers and internal stakeholders. Establish a strong and effective relationship with third parties entitled to deploy the KA strategy.
BUSINESS EXPANSION & FFWD
- Scout for New Chains and analyse fundamentals for opportunities in new potential channels across different and uncharted customers.
- Assess potential ROI establishing fluid and virtuous collaboration with Development team.
- Play an integral part in generating new sales that will turn into long-lasting relationships. Test innovative solutions through FFWD (i.e. visibility, commercial activities)
- Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders, using key account metrics.
- Propose and manage budget and headcounts allocation for KA in order to provide appropriate ROI.
- Develop clear budget control processes and oversee the consistent implementation by all team members.
- Ensure the return of investment of the budget assigned
- Manage, coach, motivate and give guidance to the team members to ensure continuously improving performance levels.
- Maintain an excellent motivation within the department, facilitate team spirit and encourage an open management style.
Who we’re looking for
• Relevant university degree or equivalent, min 3 years of professional experience in Sales/Marketing department in FMCG
• Relevant experience in People Management
• Fluent in Italian and English.
• Computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point.
• A valid working permit for EU is requested.
What’s ‘nice to have’
• Team player, positive attitude and willingness to share competencies
• Project Management Skills, agility to work in complex and fluid environment with tight deadlines.
• Entrepreneurship, positive attitude, attention to details.
• Strong communication and analytical skills.
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
For Internal Candidates:
SG 10 – 11
Philip Morris Italia is one of the twoItalian affiliates of Philip Morris International, a leading company in the tobacco world. With almost 1000 employees, it is engaged in the development and commercialization of smoke-free products.
* Reduced-risk products ("RRPs") is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization. Because our RRPs do not burn tobacco, they produce an aerosol that contains far lower quantities of harmful and potentially harmful constituents than found in cigarette smoke.